The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2015 9:59 am  #31

Re: Need new rules for moderators

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

I think we have reached the end here. I will continue as moderator.
If that is unacceptable to you I suggest that you close your account and find another board to post on

LOL!!! Well then, thanks, but no thanks to 'pledging' to your 'rules of etiquette' that you yourself doesn't even abide by.

Have a nice day. 😊

Before you get too involved in rewriting history,,,,,.
I must point out that you didn't refuse to pledge to act appropriately because I refused. I made the pledge.
You refused to promise to behave appropriately because I refused to step down as moderator. That's totally different. It's like extortion. You are one slippery sociopath. First it was rules for moderators. Then, as soon as you got what you wanted on that, the idea was forgotten and you made another attack on etiquette. Then when I make a pledge on etiquette you switch to trying to have me removed. Spin spin spin.

Imagine the arrogance of a guy who says "I will promise to follow universally accepted standards of decent conduct, only if I get to dictate terms".

Unbelievable.

Good-bye.

I didn't refuse to act appropriately, I always have acted appropriately.  I refused to 'pledge' to 'Goose's Etiquette Rules' when Goose himself doesn't even abide by his own rules.  But if Goose steps down as moderator, I will make that 'pledge'.

And with the moderator rules, no I did not get what I wanted.  You STILL have me blocked from PMing you, and you STILL delete and change my posts with no notification.

Why do you make things up Goose?

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 10:00 am)

5/02/2015 10:02 am  #32

You always act appropriately?
When you aren't calling people "dick" that is.

I don't know how to unblock you, as you well know from a psot in the FAQ section. 
But, this is just a new line of attack, isn't t?

I really think that this isn't the right place for you.

Last edited by Goose (5/02/2015 10:02 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/02/2015 10:03 am  #33

Goose wrote:

I don't know how to unblock you, as you well know from a psot in the FAQ section. 
But, this is just a new line of attack, isn't t?

I really think that this isn't the right place for you.

It is the right place for me, I just need you to leave me alone.  It's a decent forum, with one rotten apple who more than 10% of the registered users (from my private messages) have a problem with (that's you Goose, and believe it or not, Common Sense wasn't even one of them).

I didn't see the post in the FAQ thread.  Sorry.

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 10:08 am)

5/02/2015 10:08 am  #34

Follow the rules of etiquette, even when you are angry, and there will be no problem.

You will be held to them, whether you have the decency to agree or not

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/02/2015 10:11 am  #35

Goose wrote:

Follow the rules of etiquette, even when you are angry, and there will be no problem.

You do the same.  Lead by example Goose.  You haven't yet, I hope you can.  And also follow the rules of moderating.  You haven't done that yet either.

5/02/2015 10:12 am  #36

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

You do the same. Lead by example Goose. You haven't yet, I hope you can. And also follow the rules of moderating. You haven't done that yet either.

Just obey the rules. No more calling people a dick

You haven't set a good tone by your example.

Last edited by Goose (5/02/2015 10:17 am)

5/02/2015 10:18 am  #37

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

You do the same. Lead by example Goose. You haven't yet, I hope you can. And also follow the rules of moderating. You haven't done that yet either.

Just obey the rules. No more calling people a dick

Will do, if you don't give me a reason to.  No more editing my posts to things that I didn't write, adding things to my posts that I don't want in my posts, or completely fabricating posts using my screen name.  Those would be a reason to call you a dick.  No more doing that and you have my word, I won't call you a dick.

5/02/2015 10:20 am  #38

Anyway, there it is.
I am remaining as a moderator.
I will try to be fair.
But, I will remove offensive content.
I expect you to act decently.

I'm done bargaining with you. It's like trying to grab smoke.

5/02/2015 12:42 pm  #39

The man reminds of the guy who says that he promises that he will only beat his wife when she deserves it.

No more bargaining. You will post appropriately or leave.

I was willing to work with the man until he started to dictate the conditions under which he would agree to adhere to Internet guidelines for courtesy.
That's sociopathic behavior and I am done with him.

5/02/2015 4:16 pm  #40

I was just suggesting having some guidelines as to what constitutes something that needs to be addressed by a moderator might be a good idea.

This is a 'wild board' so to speak.  There are no published rules.

Civility should be a no-brainer.  God forbid we end up with another Dark Star.

There are only two moderators so having conferences over every issue simply isn't practical.

My best suggestion is don't use another user's name in any posts for anything other than asking questions.

Leave out the name and there's no name calling...and no more twenty-five pages of personality conflicts.

Just a thought.

Have a great day!  

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera