The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2015 8:30 am  #21

Re: Need new rules for moderators

Goose wrote:

I am seriously deying it.

BTW, are you going to promise to abide by those rules of etiquette?
Or is etiquette just something you expect from others?

How about you start leading by example Goose? Deal? Is it in you to start having some etiquette on here? Or are you just going to continue being Goose, and demand etiquette from others but display none yourself?

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 8:33 am)

5/02/2015 8:40 am  #22

I demand it from everyone, including myself and  I make the pledge.

Your turn, Snapper.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/02/2015 8:44 am  #23

Goose wrote:

I demand it from everyone, including myself and  I make the pledge.

Your turn, Snapper.

Please don't call me Snapper. Thanks.

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 9:11 am)

5/02/2015 8:53 am  #24

You just deleted half of my post, and added things into my post that I didn't write and I don't want in my post (post #23).  Please Goose, you have to stop that.  And you lie and say that you've never done that? You still do it!

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 8:59 am)

5/02/2015 8:57 am  #25

How about this Goose, I'll make you a deal.  I'll make your 'pledge', if you step down as a moderator.  Agreed? Will you make that pledge?

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 8:59 am)

5/02/2015 9:12 am  #26

No, that is ridiculous. You are not going to hold us hostage by dictating the conditions under which you will agree to behave appropriately. I will continue to co-moderate this board. I have taken reasonable suggestions to heart.

You will behave appropriately. That is the expectation.

Why do you find it so hard to promise to abide by these conditions? I have.
Why so slippery?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/02/2015 9:15 am  #27

Goose wrote:

No, that is ridiculous. You are not going to hold us hostage by dictating the conditions under which you will agree to behave appropriately. I will continue to co-moderate this board. I have taken reasonable suggestions to heart.

You will behave appropriately. That is the expectation.

Why do you find it so hard to promise to abide by these conditions? I have.
Why so slippery?

Because you don't abide by them, and you're a moderator.  If you weren't a moderator, I wouldn't care how you behave.  No one on here has a problem with anyone but you Goose, and there are a lot on here who have a problem with you.  You don't think that you're the problem? I really hope that you aren't that delusional.

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 9:19 am)

5/02/2015 9:18 am  #28

I think we have reached the end here. I will continue as moderator.
If that is unacceptable to you I suggest that you close your account and find another board to post on

5/02/2015 9:20 am  #29

Goose wrote:

If that is unacceptable to you I suggest that you close your account and find another board to post on

LOL!!!  Well then, thanks, but no thanks to 'pledging' to your 'rules of etiquette' that you yourself doesn't even abide by.

Have a nice day.  😊

Last edited by The Man (5/02/2015 9:46 am)

5/02/2015 9:51 am  #30

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

LOL!!! Well then, thanks, but no thanks to 'pledging' to your 'rules of etiquette' that you yourself doesn't even abide by.

Have a nice day. 😊

Before you get too involved in rewriting history,,,,,.
I must point out that you didn't refuse to pledge to act appropriately because I refused. I made the pledge.
You refused to promise to behave appropriately because I refused to step down as moderator. That's totally different. It's like extortion. You are one slippery character. First it was rules for moderators. Then, as soon as you got what you wanted on that, the idea was forgotten and you made another attack on etiquette. Then when I make a pledge on etiquette you switch to trying to have me removed as moderator. The goal posts just keep moving,,,

Imagine the arrogance of a guy who says "I will promise to follow universally accepted standards of decent conduct, only if I get to dictate terms".

Unbelievable.

Good-bye.

Board footera