The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/19/2017 12:23 pm  #11

Re: Coincidence?

What a mess.
Consider the costs and risks to Fox.
Fleeing advertisers, the cost of the suits, the risk of more suits to Bill and others at Fox. The risk that Bill sues fox if he feels rudely treated.

And replacing their chief rainmaker.

As Warren once said, "Send lawyers guns and money. The shit has hit the fan"

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/19/2017 1:27 pm  #12

Oh boy . . . I hope they get someone really good to replace Bill-O.

Like . . . Tucker Carlson, or Bill's mini-me -- Jesse Watters, or maybe Laura Ingraham.

There are just so many credible on-air personalities currently on Fox 'news' it will be a hard choice to make. Maybe they'll just give Sean Hannity another hour to act like a raving maniac.

4/19/2017 1:44 pm  #13

Rongone wrote:

Oh boy . . . I hope they get someone really good to replace Bill-O.

Like . . . Tucker Carlson, or Bill's mini-me -- Jesse Watters, or maybe Laura Ingraham.

There are just so many credible on-air personalities currently on Fox 'news' it will be a hard choice to make. Maybe they'll just give Sean Hannity another hour to act like a raving maniac.

That's the thing about the political-media-industrial-complex™. Yeah, O'Reilly is gone but there are 100 people ready to jump into that seat who are just as much of a self-righteous, hypocritical jerkwad who looks down their nose condescendingly at people they disagree with as O'Reilly every was.

Trust me, Tomi Lahren will get that seat and she'll be a huge hit and Fox News will carry on.  

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/19/2017 2:46 pm  #14

Let's look at it positively.  Dumping O'Reilly was Fox New's way of telling us they are committed to making 'America Great Again'.

4/19/2017 3:41 pm  #15

I bet O'Reilly though they would never dump him - well,  SURPRISE ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/20/2017 7:52 am  #16

Looks like the Murdochs just decided to reshuffle the deck and hope for the best. I don't want to say "I told you so", but I told you so.

Fox News Will Replace Bill O’Reilly With Tucker Carlson

In the wake of Bill O’Reilly’s ouster, Fox News Channel issued a talking points memo of its own: Its primetime lineup will maintain a similar tone and attitude even without the person who was arguably the network’s most recognizable anchor in place.

Tucker Carlson, who has held forth in primetime at 9 p.m. and delivered solid ratings, will move to O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. slot starting Monday, April 24. Fox News will fill Carlson’s former berth with its panel show, “The Five,” which will be co-anchored by Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters and Juan Williams will Sean Hannity will remain at 10 p.m.

Additionally, Martha MacCallum will stay at 7 p.m. in a program that will be re-titled “The Story” starting April 28. She has been hosting a program centered on the first 100 days of President Donald Trump’s administration. Eric Bolling, a longtime “Five” contributor and “O’Reilly Factor” substitute anchor, will get a new 5 p.m. show starting May 1.

Getting a new lineup is critical for Fox News. For decades, its primetime schedule remained inviolate. O’Reilly, Hannity (with and without Alan B. Colmes) and Greta van Susteren led three hours of programming that won more and more viewers as the years passed on, eventually drawing more audience than rival CNN. But the network’s audience is accustomed to stability. When Megyn Kelly took over the 9 p.m. slot in 2013, it marked the first time the network had shaken up primetime since 2002.

O’Reilly leaves big shoes to fill, ratings-wise. During his last full week on Fox News Channel, O’Reilly saw his viewers between 25 and 54 – the audience most coveted by advertisers – rise 42%, while overall viewership surged 28%. He regularly delivered between 3 million and 4 million viewers every weekday – people who would then stick around for anchors at 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. On Monday night, Tucker Carlson delivered nearly 2.7 million viewers at 9 p.m., compared with 3.1 million viewers for an “O’Reilly Factor” with a substitute host.

The shifts could leave Fox News vulnerable to new competition. At 9 p.m., MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow has gained new audience. In March, she won more viewers between 25 and 54 than any of Fox’s three primetime programs. And “The Five” will debut in primetime as CNN launches a special week of “The Lead with Jake Tapper” in that time slot.

Last edited by Rongone (4/20/2017 7:52 am)

4/20/2017 8:44 am  #17

Rongone wrote:

Looks like the Murdochs just decided to reshuffle the deck and hope for the best. I don't want to say "I told you so", but I told you so.

Fox News Will Replace Bill O’Reilly With Tucker Carlson

Yes, Fox hasn't changed a thing. They  just put a different misogynist in front of the camera.

Tucker in 2006 claimed that Democrats had made up the concept of sexual harassment.

"This is a group (Democrats)  that made up the concept of sexual harassment".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tucker-carlson-sexual-harassment_us_58f7c645e4b091e58f3806d7

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/20/2017 10:42 am  #18

Don't feel too sorry for Billy.  He leaves with a few million dollars in his pocket courtesy of Fox.

Board footera