The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2015 6:57 pm  #11

Re: Michael Moore: Disarm the police

Brady Bunch wrote:

Goose wrote:

Sure. I agree. But, I expect such hyperbole from Moore, and really don't take him seriously.
I think that Moore has learned that saying something outrageous is a sure fire way to get his name in print.

And I agree with everything you said as well.  The "bomb throwers" on each side are just trying to stay relevant.

It's a curious dynamic in modern america.. These folks need the people who despise them at least as much as they need those who like them.
Weird.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/30/2015 6:59 pm  #12

It really is a strange dynamic. You have to carefully balance not being to "over the top" to scare off your base, but outlandish enough to get people to despise you.

If only people used their skills to improve society

4/30/2015 7:03 pm  #13

Brady Bunch wrote:

It really is a strange dynamic. You have to carefully balance not being to "over the top" to scare off your base, but outlandish enough to get people to despise you.

If only people used their skills to improve society

Word. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera