The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/30/2015 5:52 pm  #41

Re: Goose needs to stop deleting posts

No, it's never appropriate to call another poster a dick.
I deleted some of your posts, but I didn't change anything and made it look like you wrote it.
Your charge is incorrect.
Now, I am respectfully asking you to change your behavior.
Don't call people names. Don't suggest that they are stupid.
Please.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/30/2015 5:54 pm  #42

Goose wrote:

Don't look now common, but you are making my point.
Politely asking a poster to change his behavior is rarely effective.
Problem posters aren't likely to change because they lack the insight to understand their own failings.

Posters who challenge your positions and disagree with you are not 'problem posters'.  But, you delete posts simply because you disagree with them.  Please don't be dishonest.  You do that, with no explanation, and then you block them from PMing you when they PM you to ask you what your problem is.  You know that you do that.

Last edited by The Man (4/30/2015 5:55 pm)

4/30/2015 5:57 pm  #43

Goose wrote:

No, it's never appropriate to call another poster a dick. I deleted some of your posts, but I didn't change anything and made it look like you wrote it.
Your charge is incorrect.
Now, I am respectfully asking you to change your behavior.
Don't call people names. Don't suggest that they are stupid.
Please.

Goose, yes you did.  That's why I called you a dick, that was a dick move.  Why are you lying about that?

I'm respectfully asking you to change your behavior, or please don't moderate.

Last edited by The Man (4/30/2015 5:59 pm)

4/30/2015 5:58 pm  #44

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Problem posters aren't likely to change because they lack the insight to understand their own failings.

Posters who challenge your positions and disagree with you are not 'problem posters'. But, you delete posts simply because you disagree with them. Please don't be dishonest. You do that, with no explanation, and then you block them from PMing you when they PM you to ask you what your problem is. You know that you do that.

You really don't get it. You cannot see your own innappropriate behavior. It's sad.
I'm asking you to do better.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/30/2015 6:00 pm  #45

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Posters who challenge your positions and disagree with you are not 'problem posters'. But, you delete posts simply because you disagree with them. Please don't be dishonest. You do that, with no explanation, and then you block them from PMing you when they PM you to ask you what your problem is. You know that you do that.

You really don't get it. You cannot see your own innappropriate behavior. It's sad.
I'm asking you to do better.

And you don't see your inappropriate behavior, you don't get it.  You're not cut out to be a moderator when you act as you do.

4/30/2015 6:02 pm  #46

Well, I am thru debating with you.
There are standards of behavior posted here, and you are expected to adhere to them while posting here.

4/30/2015 6:03 pm  #47

Goose wrote:

There are standards of behavior posted here, and you are expected to adhere to them while posting here.

You're done debating because there's nothing to debate.  You're standard of behavior as a moderator is really poor.

4/30/2015 6:11 pm  #48

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

You're done debating because there's nothing to debate. You're standard of behavior as a moderator is really poor.

Thanks, but I don't feel the need to take advice from a man who has so little self control that he calls people names like "dick" whenever he gets angry.

Forget your grudge. Hey, you don't have to like me, just conduct yourself appropriately, and everything will be OK. Stop trying to win and start opening your mind.

4/30/2015 6:16 pm  #49

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

You're done debating because there's nothing to debate. You're standard of behavior as a moderator is really poor.

Thanks, but I don't feel the need to take advice from a man who has so little self control that he calls people names like "dick" whenever he gets angry.

Hey, you don't have to like me, just conduct yourself appropriately, and everything will be OK. Stop trying to win and start opening your mind.

Well, when someone changes what I wrote, like you did, yes, I will call them a dick.  And you also deleted a lot of my posts that were not attacking you or anyone, but you simply disagreed with them and couldn't argue intellectually.  And you gave no explanation, just deleted them.  Then, when I PM you to ask what you're problem is, you block me from PMing you!  What kind of moderator does that? Please don't be dishonest Goose.  You did all of those things, people saw it.

Do me a favor, since you dislike me, please don't read my posts from now on.  Thanks.

4/30/2015 6:19 pm  #50

Wow. That was really sad. Why do you degrade yourself so?
Is there a chance that you will work the hate out of your systems?

BTW, when you give yourself entitlement to call someone else names, you've really blown it. If you are entitled to call names, then so am I, and so is Brady, and so is Fred,,,,,, and pretty soon all we are doing is calling names.
Don't you want something more than that?

Board footera