The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/26/2017 9:22 am  #11

Re: Constituents to Hold Town Hall, Even Without Rep. Thompson

Just Fred wrote:

Common, you're not making sense here on this thread.  It has NOTHING to do with what political tribe the representative belongs to.

It's about getting hired and accepting the responsibilities of a job that is supposed to listen to the needs, desires, and concerns of the people you represent.  It's as if getting elected is the goal and governing is a sidenote and at times, I guess, annoying for some.  When will some of these elected officials get it through there thick heads they were hired to represent all the people in their district, not just the ones who voted for them or the tribe they belong to.

Geez, our nation's independence began with a protest for godsake, and it wasn't all that peaceful, either.

Seems to be a consistent view of Trumpers, that elected officials only work for the winning side, rather than all of The People. Sad.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/26/2017 10:08 am  #12

Keep ducking your constituents and you will pay the price. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/26/2017 11:18 am  #13

tennyson wrote:

Keep ducking your constituents and you will pay the price. 

I can only wish and hope that is true Tennyson, but I'm not sure that the average voter is involved enough in the process to make that change at the voting booth.

Board footera