The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/25/2017 8:18 am  #1

Fastnachts

Just a few places to get this tasty treat in York county, PA.

Fear not, Hanover's got your Fastnachts

Fat Tuesday is upon us, and in southcentral Pennsylvania, that means Fastnachts — doughnut-like sweet treats eaten on "fast night," the day before Ash Wednesday.

Here are some of the places you can find the traditional Pennsylvania Dutch dessert from now through Tuesday.

Hanover Market House Byers Butterflake Bakery will be offering fastnachts at the Hanover Market House on Saturday. The Leola bakery is originally from Hanover, and their pre-made fastnachts are available during market hours from 6 a.m. to noon.Location: 210 E Chestnut St., HanoverRelated: Church sells more than 1,100 dozen fastnachts

The Markets at Hanover Shady Maple, one of the vendors at The Markets at Hanover, will be open on Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. with traditional style fastnachts.Location: 1649 Broadway, Hanover

Maple Donuts Fastnachts can be pre-ordered at any of the Maple Donuts locations in York County on Monday and Tuesday, and will be in stores during business hours. The South York location is open from 4 a.m to 9:30 p.m., and the West York location is open all day.Locations: South York, 204 St. Charles Way, York Township; West York, 970 Loucks Rd. (Route 30), York

Sweet Treats Bakery The Hanover bakery orders its fastnachts pre-fried from Lentz Milling in Reading, and finishes the process on site to make them warm and ready for customers on Monday and Tuesday. Sweet Treats accepts pre-orders and also delivers to Yazoo Mills in New Oxford and a local McSherrystown men's club. Hours for fastnachts are 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Monday and 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday.Location: 1055 Baltimore St., # 2, Hanover

Weis MarketsWeis on Carlisle Street will have fastnachts ready for pickup from pre-order or in-store purchase all day Monday and Tuesday. The Baltimore Street location is making its fastnachts on site, and will have them from now through Tuesday.Locations: 860 Carlisle St., Hanover; 1424 Baltimore St., Hanover

Giant Food StoresThe Baltimore Street Giant bakery is making fastnachts all day Tuesday, and will have boxes available for purchase. Giant has some fastnachts ready for purchase at the bakery now, and will continue to offer them through Tuesday. The Eisenhower Drive location is offering fastnachts all day on Monday and Tuesday.Locations: 801 Baltimore St., Hanover; 455 Eisenhower Dr., Hanover

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/25/2017 8:21 am  #2

Re: Fastnachts

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/25/2017 8:48 am  #3

I'm getting mine from Maple Donuts because Charlie "Donut" Burnside, Scott Wagner, and Scott Perry all said each and every Fastnacht they sell is made in America, by American workers, with all American ingredients, and each and every Fastnacht is individually blessed by the Donald himself.

God bless the United States of Fastnachts ! ! !

2/25/2017 8:50 am  #4

Being in Fla, I miss them ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/25/2017 8:58 am  #5

tennyson wrote:

Being in Fla, I miss them ! 

Who . . . Charlie, Scott, and Scott?

Or did you mean Fastnachts?

2/25/2017 2:12 pm  #6

Rongone wrote:

I'm getting mine from Maple Donuts because Charlie "Donut" Burnside, Scott Wagner, and Scott Perry all said each and every Fastnacht they sell is made in America, by American workers, with all American ingredients, and each and every Fastnacht is individually blessed by the Donald himself.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
ONE FASTNACHT AT A TIME! 

2/25/2017 2:36 pm  #7

I remember somewhere in the 2004-2006 timeframe, the Giant on E. Market would have a stand set up outside the door and you could just pull up and buy a dozen on your way to work. I wonder if they still do that?

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/25/2017 2:50 pm  #8

TheLagerLad wrote:

I remember somewhere in the 2004-2006 timeframe, the Giant on E. Market would have a stand set up outside the door and you could just pull up and buy a dozen on your way to work. I wonder if they still do that?

Drive thru  Fastnachts.... A great idea! 

2/25/2017 3:16 pm  #9

Common Sense wrote:

Rongone wrote:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
ONE FASTNACHT AT A TIME! 

One week later all the unsold Fastnachts are to be packed up and shipped to our border with Mexico. Apparently week old Fastnachts are excellent foundation blocks for a border wall.

Last edited by Rongone (2/25/2017 3:17 pm)

Board footera