The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2017 3:06 pm  #1

Kellyanne Sits the Bench

Report: Conway sidelined after going 'off message'

The White House is barring counselor Kellyanne Conway from television appearances after the high-profile aide made multiple on-air statements contradicting the Trump administration’s official stance, CNN reported Wednesday.

Conway, who was recently a regular fixture on TV news, hasn’t appeared for an on-air interview since early last week. That Monday, she argued that then-national security adviser Michael Flynn had the “full confidence” of President Trump.

Flynn resigned from his post later that day amid revelations that he misled Vice President Pence about the nature of his conversations with the Russian ambassador.

And on Tuesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Trump asked for Flynn’s resignation. That directly contradicted Conway’s claim on NBC’s “Today” earlier that morning that Flynn had offered to step down.
Conway was "off message," a White House source told CNN.

Since then, Conway has sat for interviews on radio shows, but has been uncharacteristically absent from the television news circuit.

The senior Trump aide’s remarks about Flynn were not her first times causing trouble for the White House on air. Conway has been roiled with controversy in recent weeks. Once, after discussing a nonexistent terrorist attack in Bowling Green, Ky., and again after openly promoting Ivanka Trump’s clothing line on “Fox & Friends.”

One source close to the White House told CNN that the Trump administration has seen fewer controversies in Conway’s absence.

"Clearly they're having much more of a drama-free week," CNN quoted the source as saying. "Having Kellyanne off television is helping them."

Last edited by Goose (2/22/2017 3:06 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/22/2017 3:29 pm  #2

Re: Kellyanne Sits the Bench

I just assumed she and Omarosa were out shopping for Ivanka clothes, shoes, and accessories.

2/22/2017 6:56 pm  #3

How long before Kellyanne is leaving the island?

2/23/2017 5:43 am  #4

Just Fred wrote:

How long before Kellyanne is leaving the island?

She could be next.
Or not.
She isn't in trouble for lying. Kellyanne is in trouble for telling the wrong lies.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/23/2017 7:52 am  #5

Kellyanne made an appearance on that venerable morning 'news' show, Fox & Friends, this morning.

I guess they feel that easing her back into speaking engagements in the friendly confines hosted by Steve Doofus is the best pathway forward.

2/23/2017 9:29 am  #6

Well, Kellyanne presents us with 'alternative' facts on this:

Media reports had suggested that the White House had suspended Conway from appearing on air. CNN, citing unnamed sources, reported that the high-profile Trump surrogate was sidelined for making statements that contradicted the administration's official stances. Conway also drew ire from the government's ethics watchdog, which urged the White House to investigate and possibly discipline Conway[/url] after she used a TV appearance to endorse Ivanka Trump's clothing line. In another appearance, she referenced the nonexistent "Bowling Green Massacre" while defending Trump's controversial travel ban. Conway also stated on-air that the administration had full confidence in National Security Advisor Michael Flynn just hours before Trump accepted his resignation. Those incidents [url=http://fortune.com/2017/02/15/conway-brzesinski-morning-joe-ban/]prompted Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski to tell viewers last week that Conway was "not credible anymore."

Conway, in denying she was ever benched by the White House, offered a different defense on Wednesday.

"I don’t think I have to explain myself if I’m not going on TV if I’m out with four kids for three days looking at houses and schools," she said in an interview[/url] with Fox News' Sean Hannity from the floor of the [url=http://fortune.com/2017/02/23/cpac-kellyanne-conway-mike-pence-steve-bannon-reince-priebus-betsy-devos/]Conservative Political Action Conference. She added: "A lot of my colleagues aren’t trying to figure out how to be a mother of four kids, I assure you."

http://fortune.com/2017/02/23/kellyanne-conway-tv-break-hannity/?xid=gn_editorspicks&google_editors_picks=true

Last edited by Just Fred (2/23/2017 9:31 am)

Board footera