The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/07/2017 6:06 am  #1

Trump’s Labor Pick, Admits to Hiring Undocumented Maid

Do as I say, not as I do.

Andrew Puzder, Trump’s Labor Pick, Admits to Hiring Undocumented Maid

WASHINGTON — Andrew F. Puzder, who as President Trump’s pick to head the Labor Department has come under fire for criticizing worker protections, acknowledged on Monday that he had employed an undocumented immigrant to clean his house.

The revelation potentially could derail a nomination that has elicited controversy because of Mr. Puzder’s views on overtime pay, sick leave and automation. The confirmation of Mr. Puzder, a fast-food chain executive, has stalled as he tries to divest holdings.

“My wife and I employed a housekeeper for a few years, during which I was unaware that she was not legally permitted to work in the U.S.,” Mr. Puzder said in a statement. “When I learned of her status, we immediately ended her employment and offered her assistance in getting legal status.”

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/07/2017 7:34 am  #2

Re: Trump’s Labor Pick, Admits to Hiring Undocumented Maid

Questions for Mr. Puzder prior to confirmation:
Mr. Puzder, why did you not know that your housekeeper did not have proper documentation to live and work in the U.S.?
Mr Puzder, how did you find out that your housekeeper was undocumented especially after employing her for several years?
Mr. Puzder, do you think we should pursue legal action against those who employ undocumented workers? If not, why not? Don't you think this would be an effective method of reducing the number of undocumented workers crossing into the U.S.?

2/07/2017 7:58 am  #3

Re: Trump’s Labor Pick, Admits to Hiring Undocumented Maid

So I'm guessing he isn't going to support any legislation that includes fines and prison time for employers who hire illegal aliens?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

Board footera