The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2017 7:43 pm  #31

Re: Trump's Black history month Remarks

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/01/2017 8:22 pm  #32

I've always found the "I have a black friend" thing amusing.

I usually ask people who say that if they call their black friend their black friend when they're around.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/01/2017 8:29 pm  #33

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

I usually ask people who say that if they call their black friend their black friend when they're around.

OK, somebody gets it. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/01/2017 8:33 pm  #34

Can you imagine?

"What's up my black friend?"

"Hi, I'm John Smith and this is my black friend"

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

2/01/2017 8:36 pm  #35

My black friend took me around, and I discovered that black people were good and bad, happy and sad,,,,,, just like regular people,,,,,

2/01/2017 8:37 pm  #36

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

People usually use that wording when they really have few of them. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/01/2017 9:42 pm  #37

tennyson wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

People usually use that wording when they really have few of them. 

As if having a black friend means you've been vetted as a non-racist.

-Me again

2/02/2017 6:24 am  #38

Another point. Read these remarks and reflect on how little they have to do with Black history, and how much they have to do with Donald Trump.  

Let's show the remarks that are actually about black history in black, and the ones Donald Trump made about himself in red. The President's self-absorption is embarrassing.

"Last month, we celebrated the life of Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., whose incredible example is unique in American history. You read all about Dr. Martin Luther King a week ago when somebody said I took the statue out of my office. It turned out that that was fake news. Fake news. The statue is cherished, it’s one of the favorite things in the—and we have some good ones. We have Lincoln, and we have Jefferson, and we have Dr. Martin Luther King. But they said the statue, the bust of Martin Luther King, was taken out of the office. And it was never even touched. So I think it was a disgrace, but that’s the way the press is. Very unfortunate.

I am very proud now that we have a museum on the National Mall where people can learn about Reverend King, so many other things. Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I noticed. Harriet Tubman, Rosa Parks, and millions more black Americans who made America what it is today. Big impact.

I’m proud to honor this heritage and will be honoring it more and more. The folks at the table in almost all cases have been great friends and supporters. Darrell—I met Darrell when he was defending me on television. And the people that were on the other side of the argument didn’t have a chance, right? And Paris has done an amazing job in a very hostile CNN community. He’s all by himself. You’ll have seven people, and Paris. And I’ll take Paris over the seven. But I don’t watch CNN, so I don’t get to see you as much as I used to. I don’t like watching fake news. But Fox has treated me very nice. Wherever Fox is, thank you."

Last edited by Goose (2/02/2017 6:27 am)

Board footera