The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/27/2017 1:37 pm  #1

Nervous Republican officials are questioning President's Stability

Carl Bernstein: Nervous Republican officials are questioning President Trump’s ’emotional stability’

President Donald Trump’s obsessions with defending his inauguration crowd size and embracing false “voter fraud” conspiracies has reportedly led some members of his own party to question his emotional well being.

Reporter Carl Bernstein went on CNN Tonight with Don Lemon this week, and he said that he’s been hearing from Republicans in Washington D.C. who are concerned about the president’s overall mental health.

“It is unlike anything that I have seen in 50 years of being a reporter,” said Bernstein, who first made his name by breaking stories on the Watergate scandal while working for the Washington Post. “I am hearing from Republicans, and other reporters are as well, that there is open discussion by members of the President of the United States’ own party about his emotional maturity, stability.”

Trump drew criticism even from media confidantes such as Joe Scarborough this past weekend for his speech at the CIA in which he boasted repeatedly about his inauguration’s crowd size, while at the same time sending out Press Secretary Sean Spicer to deliver an angry news conference whose sole purpose was to defend the size of the Trump inauguration’s crowds.

Apparently, these actions have been enough to raise red flags from people within his own party about his temperament.

“People are saying his psyche is driving the news cycle,” said Bernstein. “We are in uncharted territory.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/carl-bernstein-nervous-republican-officials-are-questioning-president-trumps-emotional-stability/

Last edited by Goose (1/27/2017 1:37 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/27/2017 4:45 pm  #2

Re: Nervous Republican officials are questioning President's Stability

Republican officials have had many months to figure out the guy's nuts as many Americans already decided he is way back in the campaign and they're just now noticing it? 

1/27/2017 5:16 pm  #3

flowergirl wrote:

Republican officials have had many months to figure out the guy's nuts as many Americans already decided he is way back in the campaign and they're just now noticing it? 

I guess they aren't too bright.
Up till now, if you noted anything disturbing about the Orange One you would be denounced as some sort of elitist living in a bubble.
My grandma Lucy would have gotten a real kick over anyone in my family being described as an elitist.
I bet lots of other american families would be just as incredulous.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/27/2017 7:41 pm  #4

Likewise here.  Can't find one elitist going all the way back to the 1700s.  But there are many well-educated, smart kinfolk along with all the dirt farmers.  We're a mixed bag!

1/27/2017 7:44 pm  #5

I have thought he had issues for quite a while. 

Over the course of history there have been a lot of famous leaders with problems. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera