The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2017 11:51 am  #1

"it's Going to End Badly"

Joe Scarborough Rips Sean Hannity’s ‘Bromance’ With Julian Assange: ‘It’s Repulsive’

MSNBC Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough attacked Fox News’ Sean Hannity Friday for giving a series of softball interviews to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, calling it “repulsive.”

Scarborough began by condemning “just how stupid Republicans look” by hesitating to condemn Assange because they wanted to avoid angering Donald Trump. The former Republican congressman pointed out conservatives loathed Assange for damaging U.S. national security only a few years earlier.

“Wikileaks, Julian Assange was enemy number one…” he pointed out. “For the Republican Party, [for] Donald Trump, for every Republican.”

“Now they’re sitting there, like Sean Hannity is– there’s a bromance there. It’s repulsive,” he said.

“Donald Trump needs to get on board,” Scarborough added. “They need to aggressively go after this and investigate it because I’ll say it again, I’ve been saying it for weeks — this is going to end badly.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/joe-scarborough-rips-sean-hannitys-bromance-with-julian-assange-its-repulsive/

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/06/2017 12:27 pm  #2

Re: "it's Going to End Badly"

I think the thing that everyone needs to remember that Wiki-Leaks and Assange's whole thing is to release classified and otherwise secretive information to the world. 

This leads me to believe that at some point in the Trump administration, someone would leak something about the Trump administration to Assange and that would be damaging to either the Trump admin or the United States.

Are Trump and Hannity ready for that?

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/06/2017 1:04 pm  #3

Re: "it's Going to End Badly"

That's what perplexes me about Assange, and the Russian Hacking.
That people would embrace folks who wanted to do harm to us just because their guy won.
Don't they understand that, sooner or later, these folks will go after your team?

This story has put the dangers of partisanship out there for all to see in the starkest terms.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera