The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2015 9:27 am  #21

Re: Seattle boss raises entire company's minimum wage to $70,000

All kinds of good points made here. Is this good or bad? If you are a person who is making $30,000 a year and now $70,000 very good for you. If you are a person who has been making $70,000 a year with much more experience and time in the job. I would bet you not very happy?

I think the one thing we can agree on is Mr. Price has done something very unique. Will he be successful with what he is trying to accomplish? Time will tell.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/15/2015 9:31 am  #22

If you want to work with Gravity

GAREERS AT GRAVITY

http://gravitypayments.com/careers/

Together relentless in our pursuit of excellence. We’ve set a high bar for new and innovative ways to support our company’s greatest asset – our team. We recognize the value in establishing an entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, rewarding, honest and innovative culture; which is what makes our company such a remarkable place to work.

Last edited by Common Sense (4/15/2015 9:31 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/15/2015 9:32 am  #23

Indeed, it is unique. Let's see how he does.

One thing that I am unclear on; is it his intent that everybody in the company make the same amount forever, or is he just declaring that nobody will make less than $70K?
I mean, if his company does well, perhaps the floor will be $70K, and more experienced people will start making more than that?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/15/2015 10:35 am  #24

All kinds of good points made here. Is this good or bad? If you are a person who is making $30,000 a year and now $70,000 very good for you. If you are a person who has been making $70,000 a year with much more experience and time in the job. I would bet you not very happy?  -  Common

Why should anyone oppose another person's wage increase?  Does it mean they feel they are underpaid or does it mean they feel someone else is being overpaid?  I've wondered about that, too, Common.

Also, have you ever run into someone who thinks they are overpaid for what they do?  I never did.

As a sidenote, as a classroom teacher, when I was absent from school, they hired a substitute to replace me for that day.  However, when an administrator (who got paid alot more than me) was absent, they didn't bring in a substitute for him.  What gives? 

Last edited by Just Fred (4/15/2015 10:39 am)

4/15/2015 11:12 am  #25

Just Fred wrote:

All kinds of good points made here. Is this good or bad? If you are a person who is making $30,000 a year and now $70,000 very good for you. If you are a person who has been making $70,000 a year with much more experience and time in the job. I would bet you not very happy?  -  Common

Why should anyone oppose another person's wage increase?  Does it mean they feel they are underpaid or does it mean they feel someone else is being overpaid?  I've wondered about that, too, Common.

Also, have you ever run into someone who thinks they are overpaid for what they do?  I never did.

As a sidenote, as a classroom teacher, when I was absent from school, they hired a substitute to replace me for that day.  However, when an administrator (who got paid alot more than me) was absent, they didn't bring in a substitute for him.  What gives? 

Kinda like the government granting paid time off to "non-essential" employees.

Board footera