The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2015 2:35 pm  #1

Clinton announces 2016 White House bid

The offical, unoffical announcement?

Clinton announces 2016 White House bid

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/12/clinton-announces-2016-white-house-bid/

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Sunday officially announced her 2016 presidential campaign, ending months of speculation and anticipation about whether she would seek the Democratic nomination.The announcement was made by Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta in an email to alumni of Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign and donors that stated: "I wanted to make sure you heard it first from me -- it's official: Hillary's running for president."Clinton is expected to make a more official announcement later Sunday via social media.The former first lady is seeking the presidency for a second time, after losing the party nomination to then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2008.The 67-year-old Clinton has been the clear Democratic front-runner since speculation started last year about her potential candidacy, and her announcement makes her the only Democrat so far to officially start a 2016 White House campaign. A victory in 2016 would make Clinton the United States’ first female president.

Last edited by Common Sense (4/12/2015 2:35 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/12/2015 2:39 pm  #2

Re: Clinton announces 2016 White House bid

Well, we saw that coming.
Now, I'd like to see more democrats get into this race.
It should be a contest, and a discussion, not a coronation.

Lincoln Chafee made an inconvenient observation on the telly Friday. Many of us consider the 2003 invasion of Iraq to be the "original sin" which unleashed all of the horror we are seeing in the middle East today.
We hold GWB, and cheney responsible for the greatest blunder in US foreign policy since Vietnam, as we should.

But Senator Hillary Clinton voted in favor of the Iraq War Resolution that was the fig leaf these guys needed.

Just sayin'

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/12/2015 3:11 pm  #3

Hilary Clinton has absolutely zero chance of being elected.  Much like another Bush, Clinton is damaged goods from the start.  We already know that the next president will end up being shady, just like W and Obama are, no one wants a person who is already shady before even being elected.

4/12/2015 3:18 pm  #4

I'd put her chances of being elected at about 30% myself.
Hey, the talking heads can predict, so why can't we.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/12/2015 3:23 pm  #5

Goose wrote:

I'd put her chances of being elected at about 30% myself.
Hey, the talking heads can predict, so why can't we.

I will bet that Clinton won't even win the Democrat nomination, and there isn't even yet another potential Democrat candidate who has been seriously talked about.

4/12/2015 3:26 pm  #6

I'll take that bet.
O'Malley is the only contender so far.
Be careful not to confuse what you think should happen with what is likely to happen.
0% is pretty darn low. I'd reserve that number for huckabee, or sanders,,,

4/12/2015 3:29 pm  #7

Goose wrote:

I'll take that bet.
O'Malley is the only contender so far.
Be careful not to confuse what you think should happen with what is likely to happen.

No, not confusing anything.  I know that what I think should happen won't happen, I've given up on that dream a long time ago.  Clinton just doesn't have leadership potential.  She won't even win her own party.

4/12/2015 3:30 pm  #8

Well, we will have a front row seat for whatever comes.

4/12/2015 3:31 pm  #9

Goose wrote:

Well, we will have a front row seat for whatever comes.

We will!

4/12/2015 3:39 pm  #10

Lot of prognostications. I always get a kick out of them. 

Personally IMHO I believe Hillary is a "shoe-in" for the D-tribe nomination at this point. I am not saying that is good or bad, but just the way it is as of now. 

The pollsters are just that, but if you look at her numbers in relationship to any of the know R-tribers at least right now (and we still have a long way to go), the D-tribe would be silly to abandon her. 

I know a lot of people "barf" at the idea of a Bush vs Clinton for President in 2016. 

BTW, SNL did a good spoof on Hillary's announcement ! 

Last edited by tennyson (4/12/2015 3:50 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera