The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/20/2016 9:57 am  #11

Re: Decency on this forum?

Goose wrote:

Looks like Santa is bringing a stockingful of irony to the exchange this Christmas!
To watch the board's  two biggest purveyor's of mean-spirited mocking and name calling piously intone for "decency" is, well, really special.
Thanks.

And look, I've given you two something to feign outrage over.
Merry Chr,,,,,ahem, I mean Happy Holidays,,. 

BTW, those who are not ignorant of history, (that is, those who can do more than cut and paste), will know that there are, in fact plenty of examples of individuals approaching the levels of evil in Hitler's twisted soul. Nazi Germany was unique in the scale at which they were able to perform evil deeds.

Here we go... the big spin! Just a truly lazy and ineffective way to express your opposition of President elect Trump and you know that is true. Read what Lager said.

"He or she that resorts to a Nazi Germany or Hitler comparison loses the argument. This is because there is nothing that can compare to that diabolical aberration or person. In addition, usually those making the comparison have not done their homework, and are lazily latching onto to one aspect of the thing they despise."

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/20/2016 10:27 am  #12

Ya just gonna repaste what you cut and pasted earlier?
Words you swipe don't get more profound simply with repetition.

Santa's watching!

Last edited by Goose (12/20/2016 10:52 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/20/2016 11:10 am  #13

Are you so self-absorbed that you cannot process that this thread is directed to you
and your nonsensical postings referring to President-elect Trump as Hitler and a Nazi?

Please come out of your little bubble. We know you hate Trump.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/20/2016 12:28 pm  #14

Common Sense wrote:

Are you so self-absorbed that you cannot process that this thread is directed to you
and your nonsensical postings referring to President-elect Trump as Hitler and a Nazi?

Please come out of your little bubble. We know you hate Trump.

Wow. No flies on you!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/20/2016 4:16 pm  #15

In the spirit of compromise I have changed my avatar to be less incendiary.

12/20/2016 4:49 pm  #16

Donald Trump's ex-wife once said Trump kept a book of Hitler's speeches by his bed

Amanda Macias 

Sep. 1, 2015, 8:25 AM   

According to a 1990 Vanity Fair interview, Ivana Trump once told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that her husband, real-estate mogul Donald Trump, now a leading Republican presidential candidate, kept a book of Hitler's speeches near his bed.

"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed ... Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist," Marie Brenner wrote.

Hitler was one of history's most prolific orators, building a genocidal Nazi regime with speeches that bewitched audiences.

"He learned how to become a charismatic speaker, and people, for whatever reason, became enamored with him," Professor Bruce Loebs, who has taught a class called the Rhetoric of Hitler and Churchill for the past 46 years at Idaho State University, told Business Insider earlier this year.

"People were most willing to follow him, because he seemed to have the right answers in a time of enormous economic upheaval."

When Brenner asked Trump about how he came to possess Hitler's speeches, "Trump hesitated" and then said, "Who told you that?"

"I don't remember," Brenner reportedly replied.

Trump then recalled, "Actually, it was my friend Marty Davis from Paramount who gave me a copy of 'Mein Kampf,' and he's a Jew."

Brenner added that Davis did acknowledge that he gave Trump a book about Hitler.

"But it was 'My New Order,' Hitler's speeches, not 'Mein Kampf,'" Davis reportedly said. "I thought he would find it interesting. I am his friend, but I'm not Jewish."

After Trump and Brenner changed topics, Trump returned to the subject and reportedly said, "If, I had these speeches, and I am not saying that I do, I would never read them."

In the Vanity Fair article, Ivana Trump told a friend that her husband's cousin, John Walter "clicks his heels and says, 'Heil Hitler," when visiting Trump's office.

[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51Cp2VBlx9L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8

Last edited by Goose (12/20/2016 4:52 pm)

12/20/2016 4:55 pm  #17

"He or she that resorts to a Nazi Germany or Hitler comparison loses the argument. This is because there is nothing that can compare to that diabolical aberration or person. In addition, usually those making the comparison have not done their homework, and are lazily latching onto to one aspect of the thing they despise."

12/20/2016 4:58 pm  #18

Common Sense wrote:

I guess I will present ideas and news, and Common will continue to paste the same thing he has cut and pasted half a dozen times before.
I guess you have to go with what you have intellectually. Parrots do what parrots do.

12/21/2016 8:06 am  #19

As far as I've been informed, what goes and what doesn't isn't really established.

What won't be happening is twenty three pages of personality conflict in a thread established for reporting gas prices.

The acid test is simple...direct your post at yourself. 

If it pisses you off, it would likely benefit from some editing.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

12/21/2016 8:55 am  #20

Stop posting Hitler/Nazi material directed at President elect Trump. The more you drag this on the worst you look. You know what you did was wrong! Please stop spinning this thread.

Board footera