The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/13/2015 4:06 pm  #31

Re: Nick Pandelidis: Here's a better way to reform property taxes than Gov

Just Fred wrote:

Ok, how about some more specific details?  We eliminate property tax and replace the revenue with sales and income taxes.  The sales tax would be raised to __________________ and the state income tax would be increased to _____________.  ( Someone fill in the blanks for me).  Secondly, what about the things that are currently exempt from sales tax.  Food and clothing come to mind.

Does this plan offer answers to those questions?  I will admit that maybe I missed those specifics in Mr. Pandelidis's plan, so could someone bring me up to speed?

His solution is basically the SB76 which we have had numerous posts already about. It is certainly one way to attack the inequities. Some of the arguments for doing it are sound and unfortunately some are distortions. Even the SB76 does not tackle the one big issues that Pandelidis raised. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/13/2015 5:55 pm  #32

Ok, how 'bout somebody giving me the Readers' Digest version that answer the questions I raised?  I'm not saying either Wolf or Pandelidis have the solution.  All I'm asking for is some bottomline details on sales and state income tax proposals that will replace the revenue realized from property tax.

4/13/2015 7:40 pm  #33

Just Fred wrote:

Ok, how 'bout somebody giving me the Readers' Digest version that answer the questions I raised?  I'm not saying either Wolf or Pandelidis have the solution.  All I'm asking for is some bottomline details on sales and state income tax proposals that will replace the revenue realized from property tax.

Both the Wolf plan and the SB76 are well documented on the internet in terms of their specifics for what you asked. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/16/2015 10:41 am  #34

Pandelidis right on property taxes (letters)

http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_27918598/pandelidis-right-property-taxes-letters

Although I always read the letters from Nicholas Pandelidis, I seldom agree with him. However, he hit the target with the letter published on April 12! I have been writing to York County’s legislators ever since HB/SB 76 was introduced. Why? Because as long as the school property tax exists, you can be sure it will continue to rise. And then we will be paying that tax as well as the increased sales and income taxes. Come on, Gov. Wolf, Seth Grove, et al, don’t aim for property tax “reform,” work for its elimination. —

Sandra Wilhide, West Manchester Township

Last edited by Common Sense (4/16/2015 10:42 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/16/2015 11:10 am  #35

Common Sense wrote:

Pandelidis right on property taxes (letters)

http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_27918598/pandelidis-right-property-taxes-letters

. Why? Because as long as the school property tax exists, you can be sure it will continue to rise.

Sandra Wilhide, West Manchester Township

Couldn't you say the same for income, sales, or  any tax?

Last edited by Goose (4/16/2015 11:11 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera