The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2015 1:09 pm  #11

Re: Nick Pandelidis: Here's a better way to reform property taxes than Gov

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Has someone here suggested that?

No,but that's what governor Wolf is proposing to do.

Well, he'll have to sell the legislature on that.

He will.  Let's hope the legislature isn't that stupid.

4/12/2015 2:25 pm  #12

florentine wrote:

Are you kidding? This guy is nuts with some of his ideas. Don't know how he gets in the paper all the time. JMO.
I saw he had ANOTHER article in the paper this morning and just went right by it.  I don't even read him anymore.  He's a wingnut.  Very biased, partisan and eager to tear down his ''opponents'' that he sees everywhere by spinning and distorting things.  JMO   

He absolutely is not “nuts” as you charge?  And you also call him a “wingnut’?
He is a highly educated man with an MD degree! He is very involved in his community and politics. But he supports politics you don’t like so you call him a “wingnut and “nuts”.

This sounds like your attacks on Charles Krauthammer for nothing more than the way he looks!.

Nicholas Pandelidis, MDOrthopaedic Surgery York, PA

PhysicianClinical Specialties & Interests

• Orthopaedic Surgery: General Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Education & Medical Training

• Penn State College of Medicine
  • Penn State University
  • University of Rochester
  • York Hospital

Last edited by Common Sense (4/12/2015 2:27 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/12/2015 2:37 pm  #13

I agree, common. Pandelidis is educated, articulate, and well-meaning.
Far from a nut.

We should be rather stingy handing out labels like "wingnut", "Left winger", "radical" and the like. 
Those labels have been earned by some, but not many, and we should be reserved.

And, we should be very reluctant to compare people to Hitler, Stalin, or Saul Alinsky for that matter, just because we disagree with their politics.

It's nice that we have found this common ground.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/12/2015 4:16 pm  #14

His actions and articles speak for themselves.  He is a wing nut, IMO.  So are most in the Tea Party, I think.   They have a overly simplified view of reality.  They are very self centered and self-absorbed, very angry and think others are in some way screwing them out of something.  As for taxes, if you want roads, decent schools and the other good things in life, you must pay for them.  They cost money.  If you want low taxes and small government, move to a small country.

And CS, as for Krauthammer,   I said he has a face for radio, as they say.  TV is a visual medium and looks matter there.  It is what it is.  Most regular people (myself included) would need a lot of help succeeding in such a visual medium.    It's just the way it is.  Interesting that this has struck such a nerve in you that you keep bringing it up and throwing it in my face.

4/12/2015 4:21 pm  #15

florentine wrote:

His actions and articles speak for themselves.  He is a wing nut, IMO.  So are most in the Tea Party, I think.   They have a overly simplified view of reality.  They are very self centered and self-absorbed, very angry and think others are in some way screwing them out of something.  As for taxes, if you want roads, decent schools and the other good things in life, you must pay for them.  They cost money.  If you want low taxes and small government, move to a small country.

And CS, as for Krauthammer,   I said he has a face for radio, as they say.  TV is a visual medium and looks matter there.  It is what it is. Most regular people (myself included) would need a lot of help succeeding in such a visual medium.    It's just the way it is.  Interesting that this has struck such a nerve in you that you keep bringing it up and throwing it in my face.

If this is true, Hillary Clinton would not even be considered for any type of national political office.  She's about as ugly as they come.  A face that not even her mother could like.

Last edited by The Man (4/12/2015 4:22 pm)

4/12/2015 4:32 pm  #16

Let's not take the low road.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/12/2015 4:49 pm  #17

Goose wrote:

Let's not take the low road.

Hey, just saying.  Florentine brought up looks as a legitimate criteria of who should be in public office.  That opens up a huge can of worms.  You're right though, it should be based on merit, not looks.

4/12/2015 4:54 pm  #18

That's why I wrote let's, as in 'let us'.
I was not singling out you.

I don't care what any candidate looks like. It's not like I'm looking to date them.
I want a campaign of ideas.

4/12/2015 5:00 pm  #19

Goose wrote:

That's why I wrote let's, as in 'let us'.
I was not singling out you.

I don't care what any candidate looks like. It's not like I'm looking to date them.
I want a campaign of ideas.

Oh I know, no worries.  She is right though, looks do matter to a degree.  In 2008, 'young', hip, follows college basketball Barack Obama was much more popular to the younger voters than old man, 'looks like my grandpa' John McCain.

4/12/2015 5:38 pm  #20

It's the visual medium.  Some people are better suited to it than others.  It didn't just start, it's been that way for a long time..  Look at a suave,  poised, collected, handsome Kennedy and a sweaty, shifty-eyed, nervous Nixon.  Who came off better?

Board footera