The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/09/2015 10:53 am  #21

Re: Personality Quiz

BYOB wrote:

This is a rather in depth personality quiz, not one of those "answer 5 questions" type things. It doesn't take very long, but seems highly accurate. 

I'm curious what others' results are, if anyone is inclined to share.

http://www.16personalities.com/

ISTJ-A

Logistican

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/09/2015 11:12 am  #22

I was wondering IF anyone had taken the test over multiple days and had different outcomes as I would expect from day to day some of our perceptions and outlooks on things would change. 

Also wondering IF anyone took the time to read the descriptions of their personalities including things that listed strengths and weaknesses and if they felt that it suited them entirely. 

BTW, I think these are good in the general sense but not entirely indicative of all the complexities of our personalities. Nevertheless, a fun exercise into ones thought process. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/09/2015 10:22 pm  #23

Here is mine:

"Your personality type is:Defender (ISFJ-T)
Does that match my on-line persona?

I love the tag line near the Knight graphic:  "We are not born just for ourselves"

Life is an Orthros.

4/11/2015 8:06 am  #24

Goose wrote:

Man, I rocked the introvert, non team player numbers.

Oh well,,,,

"Never win first place,
I don't support the team 
I can't take direction,
and my socks are never clean "

You're not alone. I lean heavier on the introvert side as well. No worries though, not everyone can be a social butterfly...err....goose. 

4/11/2015 8:16 am  #25

tennyson wrote:

I was wondering IF anyone had taken the test over multiple days and had different outcomes as I would expect from day to day some of our perceptions and outlooks on things would change. 

Also wondering IF anyone took the time to read the descriptions of their personalities including things that listed strengths and weaknesses and if they felt that it suited them entirely. 

BTW, I think these are good in the general sense but not entirely indicative of all the complexities of our personalities. Nevertheless, a fun exercise into ones thought process. 

I have taken the test a couple of times on different days and have come up the same, although the percentages of the specific qualities change.

I've read through all of the description of mine as well as a lot of the other personality types. I find it all very interesting. I think the Advocate personality does best describe me overall, although sometimes I'm much more logical, and sometimes I have a lot of the traits of the Defender as well.
From what I know of all of the regulars on here from reading what everyone writes on a variety of things, I'd say everyone's personality type has described them pretty accurately. It does seem to help me understand how people arrive at the thoughts that they do, which is always a good thing.

4/11/2015 8:17 am  #26

Tarnation wrote:

Here is mine:

"Your personality type is:Defender (ISFJ-T)
Does that match my on-line persona?

I love the tag line near the Knight graphic:  "We are not born just for ourselves"

Definitely. 

4/12/2015 8:51 am  #27

I was the Advocate too.  Introverted, intuitive, a feeling nature, turbulent identity and a judging tactic.  I don't quite get the judging tactic, but the rest are spot-on.

4/12/2015 12:19 pm  #28

I love these things. I always come up as some variant of IN(TF)(JP), usually INTJ or INFP but someties INFJ or INTP. Interestingly, someone asked if you get different results at different times. Well, I have bipolar disorder, and I ALWAYS struggle with some of the questions because I find it hard to give an overall answer vs. the one for the state I'm in, and I definitely think that's the biggest factor in my changing "end letters."

Weirdly, though, when I took this particular quiz today, I got a result I've NEVER gotten before, ENFJ-T, The Protagonist. I know that I am not an extrovert - I am, in fact, the somewhat rare "Gregarious Introvert," which is to say that I am not at all shy, but when I need to recharge, I definitely need to do it alone or with one or two key people. But I know that my answers to a couple questions in particular - getting involved in activities at a new job, for instance - are what led them to the E. 

That ALSO said, their description is way, way, way too spot-on, and in fact, I went and read the corresponding INFJ and that was a little bit less true, so that was kinda funny.

Joan
I'm just here for the party.

4/12/2015 1:08 pm  #29

Wonder what it means when you quit the test because it became boring?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/12/2015 1:21 pm  #30

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Wonder what it means when you quit the test because it became boring?

ADHD- squirrel!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera