The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2015 3:35 pm  #11

Re: Personality Quiz

Just Fred wrote:

(also, I'd have to wonder if you'd refuse just so you can get some donation money.......... Advocates are very concerned with disingenuous motives....)

Oh, oh .............. you caught me, you sly dog, you. 

Seriously though, it kind of surprised me that you were a Commander. You don't seem ruthless at all! Although, I can certainly see the leader part and the confidence in your beliefs part.

4/08/2015 5:20 pm  #12

I'm the Logistician. ISTJ-T  Yep, that's pretty damn close. 

4/08/2015 7:00 pm  #13

it kind of surprised me that you were a Commander. You don't seem ruthless at all!   - BYOB

Ha!  Well, who says a Commander has to be ruthless? 

I would only add four quotes/observations that have made an impact on me, BYOB:

1.  "A life unexamined is not worth living"

2.  "If all your fears understand what you are doing, you are not being creative."

3.  "Live life like this is all there is"

4.  "Nothing great was ever accomplished without passion and discipline.  Don't let the window close on your dreams."

I keep all of them posted in my studio and I read them quite often since they are posted above the sink where I wash out my brushes at the end of each day.

Last edited by Just Fred (4/08/2015 7:22 pm)

4/08/2015 7:21 pm  #14

Just Fred wrote:

it kind of surprised me that you were a Commander. You don't seem ruthless at all!   - BYOB

Ha!  Well, who says a Commander has to be ruthless? 

Not me! That was part of the Commander description.

Do I remember correctly that you were a teacher? If so, that seems a great occupational fit for the commander type.

4/08/2015 7:23 pm  #15

You seem like a good person, BYOB.  Read my post #13.  You posted yours before I had a chance to respond to your response to mine.  I agree that it is nice to see we have several personality types contributing to the forum.

As an aside:  One has to wonder how 'Darkstar' would have come out.  I'm guessing there would not be a catagory that would have fit.  Ha! 

Last edited by Just Fred (4/08/2015 7:33 pm)

4/08/2015 7:35 pm  #16

Just Fred wrote:

You seem like a good person, BYOB.  Read my post #13.  You posted yours before I had a chance to respond to your response to mine.

Hey, thanks! That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day. 
I absolutely agree with your 4 quotes. #2 has me pondering. Very interesting!

(btw, "you posted yours before I had a chance to respond to your response to mine" may now be one of the greatest sentences on the interwebs. )

4/08/2015 7:39 pm  #17

Dammit Fred, quit editing!   (just kidding)

So far, no two personalities on here are alike. As far as DS goes, I didn't see an irrational bigot personality type on the quiz. It probably would have come up as an error message. 

4/09/2015 6:59 am  #18

According to the quiz, I'm an ENTREPRENEUR .

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/09/2015 7:11 am  #19

I absolutely agree with your 4 quotes. #2 has me pondering. Very interesting!  -  BYOB

That probably has more to do with me becoming an artist after my 33 years of teaching and coaching.  Some artists have a tendency to fall into a creative rut if they've had some financial success with one particular style or subject matter.  I think creative people need to keep pushing themselves into places they may feel uncomfortable at first.  Sometimes we (not necessarily just artists) let fear of failure get in the way.

Last edited by Just Fred (4/09/2015 8:16 am)

4/09/2015 7:20 am  #20

Man, I rocked the introvert, non team player numbers.

Oh well,,,,

"Never win first place,
I don't support the team 
I can't take direction,
and my socks are never clean "

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera