The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2015 8:53 am  #11

Re: Gay Woman Who Donated $20 to Christian-Owned Indiana Pizzeria Reveals

Goose wrote:

BYOB wrote:

Let's get the most obvious thing out of the way first. Who knows of a wedding that was catered by a pizzeria? Why would a local TV station interview a pizzeria as opposed to a catering company on this subject?
Second, judging by the bible that I've read, it would seem that the gay woman who donated the $20 is aligning more with the teachings of the Christian faith than the pizzeria owners in this case.
Thirdly, all this does is teach people that if they make a public statement that they know will cause some controversy concerning their business, they will probably make a crapload of money through sympathetic donations. I wonder if they will donate all that money to the less fortunate?

I love those questions.
My guess, the reported asked this lady because he knew he could get a provocative answer, and a storm of attention.
I think that they used to call this "good copy".

I was always taught that when you want to find answers to something, start at the beginning. I've noticed that people like to start in the middle. I see it all the time whether it be with criminal cases, to politics, and everything in between. I've found that many answers on motivation and other things can be answered by simply starting at the start.

4/08/2015 12:10 pm  #12

Maybe a bit off-topic, but this "Blaze" publication really is 'different' from the sources I tend to rely on.  Anyone else surf through the stories on this site?

Personally, I think we as a nation, are traveling down the wrong path if we begin to allow businesses to begin to discriminate between gays and straights, blacks and whites, atheists and Christians, etc.  I would only suggest if we are choosing to go down that path, we require businesses to clearly post who they will not serve at the entrance to their establishment.

Anyhow, it looks like the pizzeria is really cashing in on this, and I'm guessing the popcorn stand ladies will, too. 

Last edited by Just Fred (4/08/2015 12:39 pm)

4/08/2015 1:39 pm  #13

Just Fred wrote:

Maybe a bit off-topic, but this "Blaze" publication really is 'different' from the sources I tend to rely on.  Anyone else surf through the stories on this site?

Personally, I think we as a nation, are traveling down the wrong path if we begin to allow businesses to begin to discriminate between gays and straights, blacks and whites, atheists and Christians, etc.  I would only suggest if we are choosing to go down that path, we require businesses to clearly post who they will not serve at the entrance to their establishment.

Anyhow, it looks like the pizzeria is really cashing in on this, and I'm guessing the popcorn stand ladies will, too. 

I believe that The Blaze is a Glenn Beck product, which goes a long way to explaining why it is "different".

It's not a source that I would use.
And. I'm not doubting the accuracy of the report, just questioning its relevance.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera