The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/02/2015 9:16 pm  #1

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~Voltaire

Last edited by IntroVertigo (2/19/2015 8:11 am)

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.  ~Voltaire

2/02/2015 9:31 pm  #2

Re: Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.

Yes. I have been following it quite closely, and have been trying (unsuccessfully) to prod/goad the local media into doing some true investivatory reporting into the all-too-cozy relationship between the state appointed "Recovery Officer"/Receiver and Charter Schools USA.

Public employees, elected officials, and candidates for public office are required, anually, to file "financial disclosure" forms with the PA Departement of State.  As a former elected and appointed public offical I know that drill very well.

So:  Has Mr. Meckley filed such forms?  If not, why not?  If the "Recovery Offficer" position is not covered under the statute requiring such filings, why not?

Charterr Schools USA has a pretty dismal track record nationwide.   So why does the Recovery Officer have such an infatuation with a failing enterprise?

Life is an Orthros.

2/03/2015 12:18 am  #3

Re: Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.

Has the appeal been heard and judged? I have often heard those who favor this turn over of the York City School District to a private for-profit Charter School Company compare this to the take over of the Harrisburg School District several years ago but I don't think a private for-profitt Caharter School Company was involved with the Harrisburg situation. Can anyone fill us in on how the take over was handled in Harrisburg and if the school district was eventually returned to local school board control?

Last edited by JimmyBear (2/03/2015 6:39 am)

Board footera