The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/25/2016 4:41 am  #1

Trump TV

Trump campaign launches nightly news show

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump aired the first episode of a nightly news program on Facebook Live Monday amid speculation that the business mogul will start a media network after the Nov. 8 election.

The Trump campaign sent an email to supporters in the early evening to make sure they tuned into “Trump Tower Live,” which was described in the email as “nightly campaign coverage from Trump Tower.” The half-hour broadcast was filmed live from his campaign’s war room.

“This is our campaign and most importantly our candidate being out there and speaking directly to the voters, directly to the viewers,” Boris Epshteyn, one of the show’s co-hosts. “We are excited to be bypassing the left-wing media, which screws everything up.”

Co-host Cliff Sims added: “It would be malpractice on our part if we didn’t utilize the massive online platform that he has to take his vision, his message to ‘Make America Great Again’ directly to the people."

According to the Los Angeles Times, the livestream drew more than 50,000 viewers at one point but eventually dropped as Trump’s campaign rally in Tampa, Fla. was about to begin.

Monday’s guests included campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer and conservative pundit Tomi Lahren.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/25/trump-campaign-launches-nightly-news-show.html

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

10/25/2016 8:18 am  #2

Re: Trump TV

I am amazed Facebook has not been taped more in politics. 

That said, I always thought Trump's real goal (along with Ailes) is to launch some sort of new network after his loss. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

10/25/2016 8:46 am  #3

Re: Trump TV

Give Trump credit for being the first to open a new portal for political campaigns to communicate directly to the people.

Unfortunately for Trump, the only people he's communicating to are his die-hard supporters, so that doesn't get him much in the way of political advantage.

When I heard Trump was doing a show on Facebook, I looked at my timeline and there was nothing to indicate that he was showing something on Facebook Live. Probably because I don't follow Trump's page on Facebook and also because I have a hard and fast rule about never ever ever ever talking politics on Facebook. So there couldn't have been anything in the F-book algorithm that would suggest I'd be interested in it. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera