The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2015 7:30 am  #1

I Dunno, Guys,,,,,,,,,,,

Somali Militants Kill 147 at Kenyan University

NAIROBI, Kenya — Somali militants burst into a university in eastern Kenya on Thursday and killed nearly 150 students in the worst terrorist attack since the 1998 bombing of the United States Embassy here, laying bare the nation’s continuing vulnerability after years of battling Islamist extremism.

A small group of militants, most likely between four and 10, roved from dorm to dorm, separating Christian from Muslim students and killing the Christians, the authorities said. Students described being awakened before dawn by the sound of gunfire and fleeing for their lives as masked attackers closed in.

Officials said that by the time Kenyan commandos cornered and killed the attackers on an upper floor, 147 people lay dead.

Despite new security laws, significant Western help and a heightened state of vigilance that has already put police officers on almost every major street corner in the capital, Nairobi, Kenya remains squarely in the cross hairs of the Shabab, the Somali terrorist group that immediately claimed responsibility for the attack on Thursday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/03/world/africa/garissa-university-college-shooting-in-kenya.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Since 9/11 our leaders, Republican and Democrat alike have stressed that we are NOT in a religious war. The war, they say is against extremists and the good people.
Well, in areas that are already predominantly Muslim, the war pits extremist vs moderate, or Sunni vs Shiite.

However, on the continent of Africa, this is increasingly looking like a war for religious dominance.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/03/2015 9:27 am  #2

Re: I Dunno, Guys,,,,,,,,,,,

So I kill off all my so-called enemies  because they believe differently than me....and then there's me.  Why?  What is their point?

4/03/2015 3:48 pm  #3

Re: I Dunno, Guys,,,,,,,,,,,

Hey, I don't get it either.
But slaying people who are different from you does have a wee bit of historical precedent.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera