The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2015 5:53 pm  #41

Re: Farmers skeptical of Wolf’s tax plan

I dunno. Nearly all of us either own or rent a property.
I personally wonder if we will just replace complaining about property taxes with complaining about income tax

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/29/2015 5:57 pm  #42

Goose wrote:

I personally wonder if we will just replace complaining about property taxes with complaining about income tax

Perhaps, but I'd rather complain about just income tax, than complain about income tax, sales tax AND property tax, like we currently do and will do even more if Tom Wolf has his way.

Last edited by The Man (3/29/2015 5:58 pm)

3/29/2015 6:22 pm  #43

I'd rather complain about just income tax, than complain about income tax, sales tax AND property tax, like we currently do and will do even more if Tom Wolf has his way.  -  Man

Bring me up to speed ........... What was Corbett's plan, and why did it fizzle?  In fact, clue me in on any previous governor's plan since property taxation became an issue.

3/29/2015 6:47 pm  #44

Let me ask, under act 76 how are schools funded? Is every school in the state going to receive the same amount of money per student?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/29/2015 6:49 pm  #45

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

Perhaps, but I'd rather complain about just income tax, than complain about income tax, sales tax AND property tax, like we currently do and will do even more if Tom Wolf has his way.

If it's the same total, what's the difference?

3/29/2015 6:49 pm  #46

Goose wrote:

Let me ask, under act 76 how are schools funded? Is every school in the state going to receive the same amount of money per student?

3/29/2015 7:33 pm  #47

Just Fred wrote:

I'd rather complain about just income tax, than complain about income tax, sales tax AND property tax, like we currently do and will do even more if Tom Wolf has his way.  -  Man

Bring me up to speed ........... What was Corbett's plan, and why did it fizzle?  In fact, clue me in on any previous governor's plan since property taxation became an issue.

He didn't have a plan, and that was a disappointment.  Tom Wolf doesn't need to have a property tax plan either, I wasn't expecting him to, but if he is going to mess with property taxes, eliminate them.  We don't want a Rendell-esque scheme that will have us paying more property tax, sales tax and income tax.  Either eliminate the property tax, or leave it alone.  We don't want any more politician tricks.

3/29/2015 7:35 pm  #48

Goose wrote:

The Man wrote:

Goose wrote:

If it's the same total, what's the difference?

It won't be the same total, it will be much higher when we are paying increased income tax, sales tax, and property taxes that will be right back up to current levels and higher in no time.  That's the difference, and that's the problem.

3/29/2015 7:44 pm  #49

Looks like all school districts will be funded by income tax. The same amount per student whether it's Suburban or Philly?
It's a pretty liberal idea.
Are all of you cool with "wealth redistribution" to poorer school districts?

I see property values in York Suburban and Red Lion falling while income tax increases.
Everybody cool with that?

3/29/2015 7:49 pm  #50

Goose wrote:

Looks like all school districts will be funded by income tax. The same amount per student whether it's Suburban or Philly?
It's a pretty liberal idea.
Are al of you cool with "wealth redistribution" to poorer school districts?

I see property values in York Suburban and Red Lion falling while income tax increases.
Everybody cool with that?

Yes, I want schools funded entirely by income taxes and/or sales taxes.  Everyone pays in, and people who own or rent property aren't left with a grossly unfair burden.  I don't care what kind of idea that is, liberal, conservative, whatever, who cares.  It's a good idea, a fair plan.

Why would you think property values would fall with that plan?

Board footera