The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/14/2016 9:13 am  #1

‘Scary’ Statue Is Replaced With One That Looks Like Lucy

Yikes!
I'm no art expert,but,,,yikes!

Scary Lucy was replaced with this

Here’s Lucy! ‘Scary’ Statue Is Replaced With One That Looks Like Her

It was the Lucy that nobody loved.

A statue of Lucille Ball in her western New York hometown, which was widely mocked last year after it was called Scary Lucy by unhappy fans who said it bore little resemblance to the comedy icon, was replaced over the weekend.

The replacement statue, referred to as New Lucy by its creator, Carolyn Palmer, was unveiled at a ceremony in Celoron, N.Y., on Saturday, on what would have been the comedian’s 105th birthday. It is a more lifelike representation of the “I Love Lucy” star than its predecessor, a grimacing, glaring hulk that would be unrecognizable were it not for a bottle of Vitameatavegamin in her hand.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/arts/design/scary-lucy-statue-is-replaced-on-anniversary-of-comedians-105th-birthday.html?contentCollection=weekendreads&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=c-column-middle-span-region&region=c-column-middle-span-region&WT.nav=c-column-middle-span-region

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/14/2016 12:16 pm  #2

Re: ‘Scary’ Statue Is Replaced With One That Looks Like Lucy

The first one was totally unrecognizable as Lucy.  I've worked in bronze only a few times, and I'd guarantee I'd do better than that.  I wonder who approved of the thing when it was done.

Board footera