The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/12/2016 2:19 pm  #11

Re: 2016 College Football Season Is Upon Us

Wake Forest 24
Duke 14

This is why you don't gamble, kids.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

9/13/2016 10:00 am  #12

TheLagerLad wrote:

Wake Forest 24
Duke 14

This is why you don't gamble, kids.

About a zillion years ago. OK it was 1986. I got a paper accepted for a national meeting in Las Vagas.
Big feather in my cap and got me an expense paid trip there. Anyway, I of course ended up at the blackjack table.
(first timer)
The $2 blackjack table. The gods were kind and somehow I won about $250. A real fortune at that time in my life.
That was Friday. Flush with confidence in my abilities to pick college football games, (A real expert was I) I went to the sports book the next day. Hey, if gambling was so easy in cards, it will be a breeze on something that I knew soooo much about.

Yea, I lost it all,,,,, plus another $200. Pride goeth before a fall.

That did it for me and gambling.
I don't like having to earn the same money twice!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/15/2016 9:24 am  #13

An awesome schedule of games this weekend. Gonna be hard to peel me off the couch.....

#2 FSU at #10 Louisville
Temple at Penn State (Big revenge game for the Nits)
#1 Alabama at #19 Ole Miss
#22 Oregon at Nebraska
Pitt at Oklahoma State
#3 Ohio State at #14 Oklahoma
#12 Michigan State at #18 Notre Dame
UCLA at BYU
#11 Texas at Cal

This is one of those deals where there are games worth watching from Noon Saturday to the final games ending 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

9/15/2016 11:48 am  #14

TheLagerLad wrote:

An awesome schedule of games this weekend. Gonna be hard to peel me off the couch.....

#2 FSU at #10 Louisville
Temple at Penn State (Big revenge game for the Nits)
#1 Alabama at #19 Ole Miss
#22 Oregon at Nebraska
Pitt at Oklahoma State
#3 Ohio State at #14 Oklahoma
#12 Michigan State at #18 Notre Dame
UCLA at BYU
#11 Texas at Cal

This is one of those deals where there are games worth watching from Noon Saturday to the final games ending 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

What a great lineup!
The Nits will be looking to set the universe right after last year, which was the first time that Temple beat Penn State since there were nazi submarines cruising off the east coast.

As a big Notre Dame fan, Lager, I would appreciate it if you could predict a Michigan State Victory/

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

9/15/2016 12:02 pm  #15

Notre Dame should win the game. Not sure about them covering the 8 point spread.

Michigan State had a cupcake to open the season and then were off last week. The Spartans also have a brand new QB who will stepping into the spotlight of ND stadium for the first time.

Should be a decent game.

9/17/2016 8:10 am  #16

The pick of the day

At home
Revenge game
Playing a far weaker team than a year ago

Penn State (-8.5) over Temple

Book it!

10/08/2016 2:41 pm  #17

Penn State shines over Maryland.
This is a young team that is a lot of fun to watch!

10/08/2016 4:00 pm  #18

I wish PSU games we televised more openly.  The only way I can watch them play is on a tv at the gym where I do not go at night.  Today's game at 12--never made it to the gym but glad they were successful over Maryland. 

10/08/2016 6:55 pm  #19

For the first time this year, the Nits put it all together and I enjoyed listening and watching. 

Board footera