The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2015 11:59 am  #1

Tom Wolf and Rob McCord, former State Treasurer

One of the things that's worried me about Tom Wolf has already come to pass. During the election, it came up that he was never really able to repudiate the actions of either Charlie Robertson or the duly convicted criminal (whose conviction has been upheld by the PA Supreme Court) Stephen Stetler.

And so, while WGAL was already reporting that State Treasurer Rob McCord was resigning ahead of federal charges being filed, Wolf said, "Treasurer Rob McCord has honorably and diligently served the people of Pennsylvania. In the past six years, Treasurer McCord has saved our commonwealth over a billion dollars."

I'll grant that Wolf is anti-corruption in theory... but does that matter when he really doesn't seem able to comprehend that the people he trusted may not be on the up-and-up?

2/02/2015 9:00 am  #2

Re: Tom Wolf and Rob McCord, former State Treasurer

I'm not real familiar with this topic. Did Tom Wolf do something wrong?

2/04/2015 1:38 pm  #3

As far as I'm concerned Wolf already has two strikes against him.  Too quick to select his cabinet and not selective enough,  and immediately firing the open records administrator who apparently was well-qualified for the job.

2/04/2015 2:20 pm  #4

Here is what Wolf said regarding the McCord incident:

"This is a sad day for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and for Rob McCord's family. As elected leaders we should be stewards of democracy and we should act to protect hardworking taxpayers, not take advantage of them. This type of behavior leads to the erosion of the public's trust - it is simply unacceptable. I stand firm in my commitment to restore the public's trust in their government. Therefore, I will act as quickly as possible to present a nominee to the Senate of the highest caliber and capability."

This is per the PennLive interview.

Doesn't sound to me like Wolf was protecting, condoning, or accepting McCord's behavior.

2/06/2015 4:11 pm  #5

If you want quotes from Pennlive, this is what I'm getting at... Wolf's initial reaction, even though the real story was common knowledge.. but you knew that.  I'm just explaining it for the folks who didn't follow the story,

Jan 29th: http://www.pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/gov_tom_wolf_mccord_served_hon.html

Gov. Tom Wolf: McCord served 'honorably,' successor still in question

Wallace McKelvey | WMckelvey@pennlive.com By Wallace McKelvey | WMckelvey@pennlive.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on January 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM, updated January 29, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Gov. Tom Wolf issued a statement Thursday responding to the sudden resignation of State Treasurer Rob McCord.

"Treasurer Rob McCord has honorably and diligently served the people of Pennsylvania," he wrote. "In the past six years, Treasurer McCord has saved our commonwealth over a billion dollars."

Jan 30th:
http://www.pennlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/gov_tom_wolf_issues_statement.html

Jan Murphy | jmurphy@pennlive.com By Jan Murphy | jmurphy@pennlive.com
on January 30, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Gov. Tom Wolf on Friday released the following statement on the immediate resignation of Rob McCord as Pennsylvania Treasurer:

"This is a sad day for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and for Rob McCord's family. As elected leaders we should be stewards of democracy and we should act to protect hardworking taxpayers, not take advantage of them. This type of behavior leads to the erosion of the public's trust - it is simply unacceptable. I stand firm in my commitment to restore the public's trust in their government. Therefore, I will act as quickly as possible to present a nominee to the Senate of the highest caliber and capability."

Last edited by Tim (2/06/2015 4:15 pm)

Board footera