The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2015 11:02 am  #11

Re: Senator Scott Wagner-Exactly one year ago today

Actually, Rongone articulated several reasons to not like the man that had nothing to do with his conservatism. Your characterization of his post is both inaccurate and unfair.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/18/2015 11:08 am  #12

“That type of action is clearly indicative of a strong, independent, assertive individual and not a manipulative political tea party activist that doesn't engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear . . . Yeah, right!

"manipulative conservative backers”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/18/2015 11:08 am  #13

Common Sense wrote:

Rongone wrote:

"It's good to see a plain talking elected offical. He says what he means and means what he says." Common Sense

Yup . . . Like calling Union officials, members, and supporters names like Hitler, Hussein, and other comparable despots, then defending his name calling when questioned, then finally issuing a written apology for his "unfortunate" references.

Or contribute hundreds of thousands of dollars to support Tom Corbett and his programs, then decides to withdraw all support and thinks about personally running against him, then stands beside him to support Corbett's reelection despite his vocal criticism of Corbett's political positions.

That type of action is clearly indicative of a strong, independent, assertive individual and not a manipulative political tea party activist that doesn't engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear . . . Yeah, right!

There are some issues I agree with Wagner on and some I disagree with him, but he has shown his ability or even willingness to change positions seemingly to support his manipulative conservative backers. This is a trait of a politician that has come to realize that he must work within the confines of the political cesspool that is Harrisburg. He has become the politically partisan chameleon that he posed to be disgusted by when he originally sought public office. I don't know whether his newsletter, full of self promotional BS, is meant to convince constituents of his "effectiveness", or to convince himself of his own self importance.

He is conservative and you really don’t like him! Ok we get that!

"manipulative political tea party activist that doesn't engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear . . .

manipulative conservative backers

the politically partisan chameleon"

Nope. It's his zig - zag, up - down, in - out, contradictory, constantly, shape shifting positions that makes me suspect as to his true objectives and whether he is really interested in serving the people, or merely his own selfish interests.

3/18/2015 11:09 am  #14

Let's get back on topic, common, rather than have a personal tit for tat.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/18/2015 11:14 am  #15

Common Sense wrote:

“That type of action is clearly indicative of a strong, independent, assertive individual and not a manipulative political tea party activist that doesn't engage his brain before putting his mouth in gear . . . Yeah, right!

"manipulative conservative backers”

Scott Wagner talked a good game. Thus far his actions have not demonstrated adherence to his campaign rhetoric.

"All lies and jest, but a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."   Paul Simon

3/18/2015 11:20 am  #16

E mail from Sen. Wagner:

I do not need the paycheck, health benefits, retirement plan, government car, reimbursement for mileage, or any of the other perks.

I pay for my own dinners - I do not need lobbyists or special interest groups to wine and dine me.

My frankness and occasional slip of a curse word throw people off.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/18/2015 11:22 am  #17

Since taking office:

- I introduced a resolution that was passed which resulted in the installation of plaques underneath the portraits hanging in the Capitol of former lawmakers that were convicted of abusing their office. The plaques tell the story of the lawmaker’s conviction so that viewers are made aware of the shame brought to the Commonwealth by these individuals.

- My staff and I engineered a floor vote on Paycheck Protection legislation in October, which would prohibit the automatic deduction of government union dues from employee’s paychecks, through a floor amendment to a School Code bill. This is the first time this legislation was able to be voted on by the full Senate. While the amendment failed, it forced members to go on the record.

- This past March the Senate voted on an amendment to SB501 which would have eliminated the deduction of union dues from public sector union employee paychecks. The vote in March was a tie vote at 24 - 24. I feel confident that during 2015 paycheck protection will pass in the Senate.

- We formed a political action committee called Reform PA PAC, which assisted in the election of Senator Camera Bartolotta - SD46 - over an incumbent thought to be unbeatable, electing a Republican to this Senate seat that has been held by a Democrat since 1946. Camera is also the first female ever elected to this position in the 46th District. Our effort assisted the Senate Republican caucus in attaining a 30-20 seat majority.

- I led the effort that resulted in a change of the Senate Majority Leader due to the previous Senate Majority Leader's unwillingness to conduct caucus business in an open and transparent fashion and to hold up-or-down votes on caucus priorities.

- I have been appointed to some of the most prestigious standing committees in the Senate which include: Chairman of the Senate Urban Affairs and Housing Committee, Vice Chairman of Labor and Industry and also serving on Appropriations, Intergovernmental Operations, Transportation, Law and Justice, and Majority Policy.

3/18/2015 11:24 am  #18

What, no Nobel prize?

BTW, haven't we seen this list before, like in the first post of the thread?

It's deja vu all over again!

3/18/2015 11:49 am  #19

Common Sense wrote:

Since taking office:

- I introduced a resolution that was passed which resulted in the installation of plaques underneath the portraits hanging in the Capitol of former lawmakers that were convicted of abusing their office. The plaques tell the story of the lawmaker’s conviction so that viewers are made aware of the shame brought to the Commonwealth by these individuals.

- My staff and I engineered a floor vote on Paycheck Protection legislation in October, which would prohibit the automatic deduction of government union dues from employee’s paychecks, through a floor amendment to a School Code bill. This is the first time this legislation was able to be voted on by the full Senate. While the amendment failed, it forced members to go on the record.

- This past March the Senate voted on an amendment to SB501 which would have eliminated the deduction of union dues from public sector union employee paychecks. The vote in March was a tie vote at 24 - 24. I feel confident that during 2015 paycheck protection will pass in the Senate.

- We formed a political action committee called Reform PA PAC, which assisted in the election of Senator Camera Bartolotta - SD46 - over an incumbent thought to be unbeatable, electing a Republican to this Senate seat that has been held by a Democrat since 1946. Camera is also the first female ever elected to this position in the 46th District. Our effort assisted the Senate Republican caucus in attaining a 30-20 seat majority.

- I led the effort that resulted in a change of the Senate Majority Leader due to the previous Senate Majority Leader's unwillingness to conduct caucus business in an open and transparent fashion and to hold up-or-down votes on caucus priorities.

- I have been appointed to some of the most prestigious standing committees in the Senate which include: Chairman of the Senate Urban Affairs and Housing Committee, Vice Chairman of Labor and Industry and also serving on Appropriations, Intergovernmental Operations, Transportation, Law and Justice, and Majority Policy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . I know I know! I'm on his e-mail recipient list (as well as Scott Perry, Bob Casey, and Pat Toomey). Oh . . . I knew his parents Ann & Jack Wagner, I once donated a horse to Ann's riding program for disabled individuals at their farm, my kids took riding lessons from Ann, I remember Scott's first business . . . a ski equipment retailer, his relationship to the Kinsley businesses, etc., but I can still question his true political objectives as opposed to his stated strategy. The guy still has something to prove to me as a constituent . . . Like is he working for my benefit or his? Some things I'm OK with, but, from my perspective, there's too much contradiction coming out of his mouth and actions lately.

So, criticize me all you want from your shallow, partisan position, parroting Internet postings, I still maintain
my opinion . . . yeah, and I know what opinions are, and I've got one.

Last edited by Rongone (3/18/2015 11:56 am)

3/18/2015 12:02 pm  #20

Rongone wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

Since taking office:

Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . I know I know! I'm on his e-mail recipient list (as well as Scott Perry, Bob Casey, and Pat Toomey). Oh . . . I knew his parents Ann & Jack Wagner, I once donated a horse to Ann's riding program for disabled individuals at their farm, my kids took riding lessons from Ann, I remember Scott's first business . . . a ski equipment retailer, his relationship to the Kinsley businesses, etc., but I can still question his true political objectives as opposed to his stated strategy. The guy still has something to prove to me as a constituent . . . Like is he working for my benefit or his? Some things I'm OK with, but, from my perspective, there's too much contradiction coming out of his mouth and actions lately.

So, criticize me all you want from your shallow, partisan position, parroting Internet postings, I still maintain
my opinion . . . yeah, and I know what opinions are, and I've got one.

Again, could not AGREE MORE ! 

I too get his emails and agree with the assessment. 

I voted for him, but now have second thoughts. I don't think I would vote for him again. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera