The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/18/2016 6:41 am  #1

Summer Travel Plans?

Any big trips planned this summer?

The Goose is staying local. Winter is long and quiet here in western Massachusetts, especially if you have retired your skis as I have. So, I tend to travel in the winter and spring.

Summer in the Berkshires brings the Tanglewood music festival, summer theater, and plenty of small ponds and lakes for swimming and boating. Day trips to Lake George, Ticonderoga, and other places make staying in the area a wonderful idea. So, no TSA for me this summer!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/18/2016 8:23 am  #2

Re: Summer Travel Plans?

We spend a lot of our summer in Stone Harbor, NJ. Our daughter has a house on the bay loaded with toys like fishing boat, crabbing boat and traps, wave runners, and kayaks. Easy to walk or ride our bikes into town and short trek to the beach. Our daughter lives and works in downtown Philly and usually gets down for weekends. Our other daughter and family gets down a couple of times around holidays. The house is large enough to accommodate everyone so it's a nice gathering place with lots of activities to keep everyone moving.

5/18/2016 8:42 am  #3

Avalon/Stone Harbor in June with family and then Outer Banks in Sept with senior adult friends. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

5/18/2016 12:03 pm  #4

Rehoboth Beach in June for a couple weeks, and then back down there periodically throughout the summer.  Off to Florence, Italy in September for 2 weeks taking 14 adventurers with me for my 16th year as a quasi-tour guide.  Other than that, I'll be taking a few bicycle day trips here and there.

5/18/2016 12:45 pm  #5

Just Fred wrote:

Rehoboth Beach in June for a couple weeks, and then back down there periodically throughout the summer.  Off to Florence, Italy in September for 2 weeks taking 14 adventurers with me for my 16th year as a quasi-tour guide.  Other than that, I'll be taking a few bicycle day trips here and there.

September is a lovely time to visit Italy. The crowds are gone, and the weather is lovely.
My wife and I did a bicycle tour about 8 septembers ago. Arezzo, Cortona, Montepulciano, and then 4 days in Florence. What memories!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

5/18/2016 3:55 pm  #6

My wife and I did a bicycle tour about 8 septembers ago. Arezzo, Cortona, Montepulciano, and then 4 days in Florence. What memories!

Whoa, if you biked around Tuscany, you have my deepest admiration.  Yikes! 

5/18/2016 4:05 pm  #7

Yeah, I told my wife two white lies to get her to go:
"Tuscany is relatively flat, and the Italians are careful drivers".

Lol

Last edited by Goose (5/19/2016 4:43 am)

Board footera