The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/16/2015 8:21 am  #1

Restaurants You Miss?

I think the restaurant I miss most is The Phillie Cafe.  It was a hole in the wall with burlap curtains, newspaper-lined tables and a bar.  It would get packed because they had the best seafood around.   You could get a dozen or so crabs or just a seafood plate like steamed clams or shrimp all kinds of way.  You could order a side dish or not.  You got exactly what you wanted and could afford.  Boy, I miss that place....

3/16/2015 8:36 am  #2

Re: Restaurants You Miss?

The one restaurant I miss more than any since leaving York a couple of years ago is the Left Bank. To this day, my all time favorite fancy restaurant.

But there's one place that was around when I first moved to York that had the best cream of crab soup I've ever had. It was on Rt. 30, I think it was next to a flower shop and near the shopping center that has the Tractor Supply Co. in it. I cannot remember the name of the place  but it closed mid-2000s and the building wasn't a restaurant when I left.

Anyone remember the name of it?

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/16/2015 9:17 am  #3

I miss the Left bank as well.
Also, Sunday Brunch at the Yorktowne Hotel.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/16/2015 9:22 am  #4

Goose wrote:

I miss the Left bank as well.
Also, Sunday Brunch at the Yorktowne Hotel.

Sunday Brunch at the Yorktowne is wonderful! Also, Sunday Brunch at the Accomac Inn by the river is excellent too.

3/16/2015 9:55 am  #5

Oh yes, the Accomac is nice.
I have a long history there.
My parents used to take me there when visiting me as an under grad at Franklin and Marshall. Circa 1980!
Great escape from campus food!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

3/16/2015 5:11 pm  #6

TheLagerLad wrote:

But there's one place that was around when I first moved to York that had the best cream of crab soup I've ever had. It was on Rt. 30, I think it was next to a flower shop and near the shopping center that has the Tractor Supply Co. in it. I cannot remember the name of the place  but it closed mid-2000s and the building wasn't a restaurant when I left.

Anyone remember the name of it?

That was Anthony's, as far as I can remember. After that closed it was a Mr. T's Roadhouse, then Riptides, both for a short period of time. Now it's an office for Haller Enterprises.

Board footera