The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2015 6:35 pm  #1

Wolf Tax Plan is the Largest Tax Increase in PA History

Wolf Tax Plan is the Largest Tax Increase in PA History PA State Rep. Rick Saccone responds to Governor Wolf's 2015-16 budget proposal.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/14/2015 7:41 pm  #2

Re: Wolf Tax Plan is the Largest Tax Increase in PA History

I'd argue "one of the largest" rather than "THE largest"....mainly because I can remember when the PA Income Tax was first enacted, and also when the sales tax increased from 5% to 6% (that is a 20% increase, for the mathematically challenged). Both of those happened in the early 70's, possibly under Governor Shapp.

Life is an Orthros.

3/14/2015 9:28 pm  #3

Obviously then it does not have a chance of becomming law. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/15/2015 9:46 am  #4

This is one of the things I like about the Pennsylvania budgeting process.

There has to be a budget and it needs to be completed by June 30th and both Wolf and the legislature are going to have to get to the table and come to an agreement. No kicking the can down the road. No continuing resolutions.

Now is the time for both the Governor and the GOP legislature to make noise, but at the end of the day, they are going to have to work together.

And that ain't bad.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/16/2015 7:06 am  #5

TheLagerLad wrote:

This is one of the things I like about the Pennsylvania budgeting process.

There has to be a budget and it needs to be completed by June 30th and both Wolf and the legislature are going to have to get to the table and come to an agreement. No kicking the can down the road. No continuing resolutions.

Now is the time for both the Governor and the GOP legislature to make noise, but at the end of the day, they are going to have to work together.

And that ain't bad.

Yeah, I love how everyone has a fit about an idea that is proposed as if it is going to happen automatically. There IS a political process in place that has to happen to make it a fact. There will be a LOT of back and forth and tweaking before this thing sees the light of day. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/18/2015 8:23 am  #6

It's coming down to 2 choices: Either there is never any tax increases, which means PA will always have a deficeit and be behind the 8 ball. OR, come up with realistic incremental tax increases. 
I'm kind of tired of hearing about how bad of financial shape PA is in. 

3/18/2015 8:28 am  #7

Oh, and one more thing. Percents are relative to the numbers you are working with. 3.07 percent current rate, up to 3.70 percent proposed rate is technically a 20% increase. Sounds scary, but in real terms it is .63% in addition to the base number.

3/18/2015 9:50 am  #8

http://www.ydr.com/letters/ci_27705795/york-county-gop-gov-wolfs-proposed-budget-would

war on, attack on, take a hit, redistribution of wealth......same old key words (from both parties), but not one mention on the part that tickles their fancy, which is a lower corporate tax.......

I really take exception to the paragraph about the high tax school districts. Making it a us vs. them situtation. I say if you don't live in a high tax area and don't receive a discounted tax rate, then be happy you don't pay high taxes. To say that to someone like me who has no children and lives in a high tax area is offensive. I thought low taxes on businesses was a cure all, I know if my boss gets a better tax deal on business, it trickles down to me. NOT

Last edited by TraderJay (3/18/2015 10:03 am)

Board footera