The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2015 9:11 am  #1

Oil price will likely fall further, global agency says

Good news for prices at the pump? Or at least I hope so.

Oil price will likely fall further, global agency says
http://www.ydr.com/nation-world/ci_27704951/oil-price-will-likely-fall-further-global-agency

LONDON (AP) — A global energy agency says the oil market has further to drop as supplies from the U.S. show no sign of slowing.The International Energy Agency, a watchdog that represents the world's main oil-importing nations, says in a monthly report that the recent stabilization in oil prices is "precarious.""Behind the facade of stability, the rebalancing triggered by the price collapse has yet to run its course," it said in the report, published Friday.The price of oil fell on Friday in the wake of the report. The U.S. contract was down $1.02 at $46.02.The contract slumped from over $100 a barrel last summer to around $47 in January before stabilizing around $50 a barrel in recent weeks.

Last edited by Common Sense (3/13/2015 9:11 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/13/2015 11:23 am  #2

Re: Oil price will likely fall further, global agency says

What goes down, must come back up (especially when we are discussing OIL) ! 

Last edited by tennyson (3/13/2015 11:23 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/13/2015 12:21 pm  #3

I think it was Warren Buffet or someone like that who knows their market stuff, once said oil should never go above $50 a barrel.

3/13/2015 12:50 pm  #4

I'll believe it when the price per gallon of heating oil, diesel fuel, natural gas, propane, and gasoline begins an equal retail price reduction.

3/13/2015 3:19 pm  #5

Oil dropped again yesterday and I see some lower gas prices today.  Except, of course at Rutters, which is running 10¢ to 15¢ a gallon higher than every one else. 

3/13/2015 8:54 pm  #6

flowergirl wrote:

Oil dropped again yesterday and I see some lower gas prices today.  Except, of course at Rutters, which is running 10¢ to 15¢ a gallon higher than every one else. 

I posted on the old Exhange that I will NEVER  forget how, on Septermber 11, 2001, Rutters and only Rutters spiked their price by 50 cents between the time the second tower was struck and the close of the business day.

While heroes were giving their last full measure of devotion by running into the smoldering towers Mike Rutter and Scott Hartman were seizing an opportunity to make a dishonest buck.

There are heroes, and then there are zeroes....

Life is an Orthros.

3/13/2015 9:38 pm  #7

I moved to York Co. just a couple of weeks before that horrible event and wasn't yet familiar with much in the area.  But given Rutters' show of contempt and greed in the years since I can believe what you wrote.

Board footera