The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2016 9:17 am  #1

The Story of God

Anybody else watching this program on the National Geographic channel?  I watched the first episode last night hosted by Morgan Freeman entitled, "Who is God?"  It's pretty good.  The program approaches the topic from a strictly academic point-of-view.

I highly recommend it.

4/18/2016 12:00 pm  #2

Re: The Story of God

IMO, gods are made of paper and fear.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

4/18/2016 3:58 pm  #3

Re: The Story of God

IMO, gods are made of paper and fear.

That may be true, CT, but the program illustrates how religion has impacted lives and nations throughout history.  As I said, the program analyzes the whole thing from an academic point-of-view.  It really is educational as well as enlightening and interesting.  Actually, so far as I can tell, religion was, is, and will be used as a governing tool.  It needs to be watched with an objective, open mind. 

This is only my opinion, but watching and listening to the series of programs may send many viewers to view atheism as a logical alternative.  Some won't want to tune into the program if they don't like their pre-determined beliefs to be challenged.  Keeping an open mind and intellectual curiosity is a prerequisite.

Last edited by Just Fred (4/18/2016 3:58 pm)

Board footera