The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/11/2015 7:31 am  #1

Open Carrier Trolls Police: “I’m Talking to You, Tough Guy”

Well let’s look at what he did. Insulting/taunting police , causes a school to go on lock down, Screaming “But it’s my right”. A troll of the worst kind! A slap in the face of other gun owners.  What the heck is wrong with some people?

Open Carrier Trolls Police: “I’m Talking to You, Tough Guy”

http://bearingarms.com/open-carrier-trolls-police-im-talking-tough-guy/?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=

"Those who argue, “but it’s my right!” without any other convincing argument often run into the reality that the courts have held that no rights are absolute, and that when extremists piss off enough people with dangerous or juvenile behavior, that these rights can and will be curtailed via legislative action that will typically be upheld by the courts."

Last edited by Common Sense (3/11/2015 7:32 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/11/2015 7:49 am  #2

Re: Open Carrier Trolls Police: “I’m Talking to You, Tough Guy”

Glenn Beck even took a swipe at this loon....

Open carry activists––people who believe in their right to openly carry firearms around in public––have not gone away. One open carry protester, Shawn Nixon, caused a panic at a Michigan high school that led to a lockdown because he was near the school, holding a rifle.

Nixon was confronted by the police––called in by the school––and snapped at them, saying things like, “That shiny little badge on his chest doesn’t give him any more rights than I have! Actually, you all work for me and the taxpayers, right?”

After reading about this, Glenn Beck got rather exasperated. He asked, “Can we stop doing open carry parades just to antagonize the police?”

As he listened to audio of Nixon, Beck muttered, “Shut up.” He said it’s just basic common sense that the police would be wary of a man carrying around a rifle near a school and instead of raving and insulting the cops, the proper response is to say “I’m exercising my constitutional right” and let the police just keep an eye on you.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/11/2015 7:52 am  #3

The guy is a first class jerk, but I have to wonder why the police just didn't stop messing with him which made the situation worse.  Couldn't they have just ignored him as being a nut case and stopped communicsting with him?

3/11/2015 8:37 am  #4

He wants to know why people and police get nervous and keep an eye on a random guy carrying a gun at a school? Ummmm,....... Colombine, Newtown, Apostolic Revival Center Christian School, Taft Union High School, Stevens Institute of Business and Arts, Hazard Community and Tech College, Chicago State University, Lone Star College North Harris Campus, Price Middle School, Morehouse College, Indian River St. College, Hillside Elementary School, Henry W. Grady H.S., Univerity of Central Florida, Davidson Middle School, New  River Community College, Elizabeth City State University, Grambling State University, La Salle High School, Santa Monica College, Alexander W. Dreyfuss School of the Arts, Northwest H. S., Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy, Westside Elementary School, North Panola H. S., Carver H. S., Savannah State University, New Gloucester H. S., Agape Christian Academy, Lanier H. S., Sparks Middle School, Algona High/Middle School, North Carolina A & T University, Stephenson H. S., South Dakota School of Mines & Technology, West Orange H. S., Arapahoe H. S., Edison H. S., Libertyt Technology Magnet H. S., Berrendo Middle School,  Delaware Valley Charter H. S., Widener University, Purdue University, .................................................my hand is getting tired. And nearly all of those are just from Jan. 2013 to Jan. 2014.

So, yeah, I don't have the faintest idea why cops would take any interest.

What a POS. I would happily get arrested for punching this guy in the face. And that's coming from a mostly peaceful person who has a distrust for some police tactics.

As far as the police ignoring him goes, the public can ignore nutcases if they want to. It is the police's job to pay attention to nutcases with weapons. That guy was assuming that the police automatically know that he isn't mentally disturbed or plotting something just by seeing him on the street. What an asshole.

3/11/2015 1:09 pm  #5

Words DO have consequences ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/11/2015 2:21 pm  #6

Kinda reminds me of that stupid, stupid asshole who decided to open carry at the local premier of the batman movie that was to run in that theater in Colorado the day after all those people were slaughtered. 

Strange how people will rant about their rights while completely overlooking the responsibility that comes with them

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/11/2015 3:40 pm  #7

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Strange how people will rant about their rights while completely overlooking the responsibility that comes with them

Amen to that!

Board footera