The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2016 8:04 pm  #11

Re: 2016 Phillies

I agree, Brady.  Ryan Howard has become a liability, not an asset. Runners on first and second, two outs, ninth inning in a one run ball game .............. whiff at three picthes and sit down. Game over.

Last edited by Just Fred (5/26/2016 8:05 pm)

6/03/2016 5:33 pm  #12

And now they have lost 7 games in a row.  They were long overdue for a bad streak like this based on their overall weak offense.  Hopefully this will put an end to the talk of trading some of the prospects we just got for a short-term bat or two.  They need to concentrate on getting more young talent and developing it.

Tommy Joseph has been solid so far, and hopefully they keep playing him on a regular basis and give him a real chance, not platoon him with Howard.  Asche is back, while not a great hitter, he is better than what he had playing in the OF.  Hopefully he can play and they can decide on whether or not he will be part of the future

6/27/2016 7:36 pm  #13

And the Phils struggles continue, which was to be expected.  I think the beginning of the season was definitely an outlier and they are now playing to their level of talent.  Hopefully Nola breaks out of his recent funk.

The farm system is still looking good.  Jake Thompson is doing good and is looking like another promising starter.  With Hoskins, Cozens, Crawford, Alfaro, Williams and Quinn doing well, they should have some solid position players in the next 2 years.  The future looks bright 

6/28/2016 5:58 am  #14

Isn't Reading playing 30 games over .500 already? And the Iron Pigs are doing well.

It could be another year or two and we'll see the Phils contending in the East again.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

6/28/2016 7:35 pm  #15

Yes, I know at one point over the weekend Reading had the best record in professional (majors and minors) this year.

If the prospects keep developing, they should be good in about 2 years.  Exciting times should be ahead

Board footera