The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/29/2016 4:23 pm  #1

Just what we need

Although guns that look like cell phones have been available in other countries since about 2004, now we have a company making them in the U.S. Just what everyone needs . . . Even for kids to carry to school if they want to . . . This is good news for concealed carry advocates.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/mn-company-invents-gun-that-looks-like-a-cell-phone/106599401

3/29/2016 9:23 pm  #2

Re: Just what we need

I'll just bet law enforcement is very interested in that product.  Like the kid in the story who noticed the man with a gun and told his mother, I've begun to see the same and even it's scary to me.

3/29/2016 9:25 pm  #3

That is one of the reasons why cell phones have been banned from the York County Judicial Center....lack of user discipline is the other.

Life is an Orthros.

3/29/2016 9:27 pm  #4

"You'll shoot your ear off !" 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/01/2016 11:25 am  #5

This is only a prototype ( Monticello company )none in production yet but there apparently is lots of interest in it.
This type of novelty  has been around for many years. Cane guns, pen guns, belt buckle guns, zip guns.

The majority of gun owners probably would not carry it.

No kids are not allowed to take this phone gun to school. They would be committing about 3 felony's!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/01/2016 2:25 pm  #6

Gee, rongone, what could go wrong?  We are always looking for better ways to kill each other, so why not a gun that looks like a cell phone?

How about a pez dispenser that ejects tiny missiles or one of those St. Christopher statues mounted on your dashboard that shoots 9mm bullets from its mouth? 

4/01/2016 3:39 pm  #7

Just Fred wrote:

Gee, rongone, what could go wrong?  We are always looking for better ways to kill each other, so why not a gun that looks like a cell phone?

How about a pez dispenser that ejects tiny missiles or one of those St. Christopher statues mounted on your dashboard that shoots 9mm bullets from its mouth? 

You know Fred, I was initially concerned about a gun that looks very much like an iPhone would be a problem. You know . . . easy to conceal, you could take it to the restaurant, or bar, or into the office, or the bus station, carry it on a plane, or take it to school without many people recognizing it for what it actually is . . . a deadly weapon. And, if you're so inclined, you could pull it out in a crowded environment and most people would think you're just making a phone call, or sending a text, or checking your e-mail. That is, until you open fire and start shooting unsuspecting people with your phonegun.

But then I was informed that this one is 'only a prototype', and it's a 'novelty' item, and no kids would be 'allowed to take this gun to school', and, if they did 'they would be committing about 3 felonies'. So, realizing all those facts, and the reasonable nature of gun owners who are intent on sneaking their weapon into a public place for the purpose of shooting a few people they feel have wronged them, I've changed my mind. There's absolutely nothing to be concerned about somebody manufacturing, selling, or possessing a gun that is disguised as cell phone. What could possibly go wrong?

Board footera