The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2015 11:44 am  #1

ISIS reportedly demolishing another ancient archaeological site in Ira

ISIS reportedly demolishing another ancient archaeological site in Iraq

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/07/isis-reportedly-demolishing-another-ancient-archaeological-site-in-iraq/

Islamic State militants were reportedly demolishing another ancient archaeological site in Iraq on Saturday, the latest in a series of efforts to rid what the terror group says are symbols that promote idolatry.An official with the ministry of tourism and antiquities' archaeological division in Mosul told The Associated Press that multiple residents living near Hatra heard two large explosions Saturday morning, then reported seeing bulldozers begin demolishing the site. He spoke anonymously for fear of reprisal.Saeed Mamuzini, a Kurdish official from Mosul, told the AP that the militants had begun carrying away artifacts from Hatra as early as Thursday and on Saturday, began to destroy the 2,000-year-old city.

Last edited by Common Sense (3/07/2015 11:44 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/07/2015 11:49 am  #2

Re: ISIS reportedly demolishing another ancient archaeological site in Ira

Uuuhhhh! It makes me sick to my stomach. I can't even watch it on the news. 

3/07/2015 3:49 pm  #3

Re: ISIS reportedly demolishing another ancient archaeological site in Ira

I agree with you! What they are demolishing can never be replaced!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera