The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2016 9:24 am  #11

Re: The tone of this forum...

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kudos

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/25/2016 9:31 am  #12

Just an aside, you make the moderating very easy. 

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

3/25/2016 2:52 pm  #13

3/25/2016 3:57 pm  #14

Indeed.

As I've written here before, I follow the philosophy of Thoreau:  "The government which governs least governs best".

The Moderator who moderates least moderates best.

Thank you all for your self discipline.

Life is an Orthros.

3/31/2016 12:08 pm  #15

I haven't been going into details for every thread, I've just been skimming them

I just wanted to remind everyone to PM me directly if there's a problem.

We've managed to go a week or so without any blow-ups.  This is very different.  I haven't had to pick through a dozen posts looking for actual content.

The board is becoming healthy. 

-Me again

3/31/2016 7:17 pm  #16

Thanks again CT! 

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/11/2016 6:01 pm  #17

Warning, we're in the middle of an 8 year old's tantrum.

-Me again

4/11/2016 6:08 pm  #18

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Warning, we're in the middle of an 8 year old's tantrum.

That kid is unreal.  Full meltdown mode.

4/11/2016 7:41 pm  #19

I saw that Goose signed back up under a new name and started a thread, but know I see it has been deleted and so has his username.  Being on vacation, I haven't been able to check in that often, so I presume by CT's comments it took a really bad turn and had to be removed.

It really is a shame as he was a huge contributor to the exchange.  I know he thinks I hate him and was glad to see him leave, but it would have been nice if he could have returned and made a positive impact to the group (although it is probably too late for that now).  When the personal attacks weren't involved, he made great contributions. Unfortunately too many attacks happened and Lager had to take action, which was appropriate.

4/11/2016 8:46 pm  #20

We have for quite a while now had civil back and forth discussions despite our varied and often quite different views. There IS a was to accomplish this and the following quote kind of wraps up the whole way it should work.  

BTW, our current method of moderation (least is best) is by far the way to go. It certainly has worked for us here as the last month or so has shown. 

Last edited by tennyson (4/11/2016 8:48 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera