The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/08/2016 8:44 am  #1

One more player will enter the TV over the Internet fray

AT&T will start selling you cable TV over the Internet

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/01/media/att-cable-tv-internet/index.html

Last edited by tennyson (3/08/2016 8:45 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/08/2016 10:19 am  #2

Re: One more player will enter the TV over the Internet fray

Guess AT&T didn't get the memo that cable subscribers have had enough of the high-priced tv viewing and are cutting the cable for indoor antennae.

3/08/2016 11:30 am  #3

flowergirl wrote:

Guess AT&T didn't get the memo that cable subscribers have had enough of the high-priced tv viewing and are cutting the cable for indoor antennae.

My prediction is that AT&T, being that they are going to provide cable channels over the internet, are not going to push the TV "bundles" like the other established providers have in the past. 

I welcome AT&T's entry into the market. With the FCC getting ready to deregulate the set top box requirement, we're going to see more competition in the tv provider marketplace.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/08/2016 12:29 pm  #4

More competition should mean eventually lower cost for the consumer.
At least I hope so.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/08/2016 12:57 pm  #5

Common Sense wrote:

More competition should mean eventually lower cost for the consumer.
At least I hope so.

Exactly. 

I was always in favor of a pick-and-choose system for what you want whether it be from current cable suppliers or alternatives like the AT&T entries. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/08/2016 3:45 pm  #6

I would gladly stay with satellite if it ever came to paying only for the few channels I ever watch but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to ever happen.

Board footera