The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/22/2016 8:58 am  #1

Final Minute of the "Miracle on Ice"

Final Minute of the "Miracle on Ice"
The entire country celebrated this amazing win!

"Do you believe in miracles? Yes!

On February 22, 1980, the United States Olympic hockey team pulled off one of the greatest upsets in sports history, defeating the Soviet Union, 4-3.

Last edited by Common Sense (2/22/2016 9:00 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/22/2016 12:13 pm  #2

Re: Final Minute of the "Miracle on Ice"

Still think this is the best sports moment I ever got to witness (albeit on tape delay)

Here's a fun exercise: Name your top five sports moment you've gotten to see either in person or on TV

For me:

1) USA Hockey upsets Russia
2) 2008 Philadelphia Phillies win the World Series
3) Wilbur Montgomery's touchdown run against the Dallas Cowboys in the 1980-81 NFC Championship Game
4) Kerri Strug sticking the landing on a broken ankle in the 1996 Summer Olympics
5) Tug McGraw jumping off the mound when the Phillies won the 1980 World Series.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/22/2016 1:32 pm  #3

Re: Final Minute of the "Miracle on Ice"

1) Super Bowl XL, Ford Field, Detroit, Pittsburgh beats Seattle, final game for 'The Bus', had seats in the end zone corner.
2) 2002 Winter Olympics in Park City, Utah. Stayed in our condo for a week, within walking distance of the resort center. Had tickets to several alpine skiing events. Watched Bode Miller claim a couple medals.
3) Phillies beat KC game 6 of the 1980 World Series. Buddy of mine had season tickets and had a 6 seat box behind the Phillies dugout. We got invited to go to the Phillies locker room after the game for the celebration. I actually got interviewed by a reporter from WSBA and heard myself on the radio the next morning.
4) watching Jean-Claude Killy sweep the three alpine events at the 1968 Grenoble Winter Olympics.

Board footera