The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/31/2015 11:26 am  #1

Gas Prices

I don't have anything for the first post but I'm really used to seeing this thread so I made a new one.

I suspect this will quickly become the largest forum on the board just like in 'The Old Country'  

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

1/31/2015 11:32 am  #2

Re: Gas Prices

I never followed this thread on the old board, because I wasn't living in the area.
But, I'm curious. What do people estimate that the average "spread" between high and low prices for the area averaged?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/03/2015 10:37 pm  #3

Twenty-some cents.  The higher amounts are almost always charged at Rutters' outlets or stores, I think they call them.

2/05/2015 9:07 am  #4

In the Philly area, we're almost universally at $2.19 for the past couple of weeks. In New Jersey it's closer to $2.03.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/05/2015 9:33 am  #5

Gas prices have been increasing here this week. Quite a few Rutter's stores have increased from $2.09 To $2.19. A few Sheetz stores are still at $2.09. I was in Lancaster yesterday and a saw gas for $2.29. It looks like the prices are starting the upward trend. Excuse given -- this is the time of year refineries begin switching over to a spring -- summer blend of gasoline.

2/05/2015 4:00 pm  #6

Should we be posting about gas prices here or in the forum for auto, etc. includes gas prices?

2/05/2015 6:55 pm  #7

I just filled up @ $2.29 a gallon here in Northern Lancaster County.

Several thousand refinery workers are on strike in the US right now, so the recent upward trend is at least partially a response to this.

2/05/2015 7:02 pm  #8

Oops, I'm sorry.

Didn't consider the auto thread.

Lager, can this be moved?

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

2/08/2015 7:35 pm  #9

2/27/2015 2:32 am  #10

I am not sure what happened but we have seen an average weekly hike in gasoline prices in this area of 10 cents a gallon. Just a little over three weeks ago gasoline was between $2.05 and $2.09 in this area. Today the price is $2.45. It is also quite interesting to see the uniformity in prices. Today I traveled from East York to Northwest and West York and every single gas station I passed had a uniform price of $2.45. How do all gas stations post exactly the same price for their gasoline - especially when their tanks have been filled at different times and at different prices?

Board footera