The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2015 10:36 am  #1

Warren Buffet's Latest Letter to Shareholders

Warren Buffet's Bershire-Hathaway released thier annual letter to shareholders over the weekend. A lot of information here but there was one section I wanted to point out. I'm always looking for economic leaders to give thier thoughts on the country and economy.

Late in 2009, amidst the gloom of the Great Recession, we agreed to buy BNSF, the largest purchase in
Berkshire’s history. At the time, I called the transaction an “all-in wager on the economic future of the United
States.”

That kind of commitment was nothing new for us. We’ve been making similar wagers ever since Buffett
Partnership Ltd. acquired control of Berkshire in 1965. For good reason, too: Charlie and I have always considered a “bet” on ever-rising U.S. prosperity to be very close to a sure thing.

Indeed, who has ever benefited during the past 238 years by betting against America? If you compare our
country’s present condition to that existing in 1776, you have to rub your eyes in wonder. In my lifetime alone, real
per-capita U.S. output has sextupled. My parents could not have dreamed in 1930 of the world their son would see.

Though the preachers of pessimism prattle endlessly about America’s problems, I’ve never seen one who wishes to emigrate (though I can think of a few for whom I would happily buy a one-way ticket).

The dynamism embedded in our market economy will continue to work its magic. Gains won’t come in a
smooth or uninterrupted manner; they never have. And we will regularly grumble about our government. But, most
assuredly, America’s best days lie ahead.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/03/2015 10:48 am  #2

Re: Warren Buffet's Latest Letter to Shareholders

Times must be pretty good for Buffet, I've noticed that Berkshire has been buying up companies left and right lately.

Board footera