The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/21/2016 10:46 am  #21

Re: Timing: LATE FRIDAY INTO EARLY SUNDAY PRECIPITATION TYPE: HEAVY SNOW

The Man wrote:

I'm with Fred and Tennyson. To hell with bread and milk, I rarely consume either. All I need is lots of good beer, enough food, and I'm set! I bought a new snowblower last March and haven't gotten to use it yet. I've never owned or even used a snowblower, and I'm looking forward to playing with my new toy!

Good luck with your maiden voyage with the snow blower. Once you use it you will never use a snow shovel again.
I got a Troy Built in 2011 and it's the best money spent. It is a big toy... I usually will clean a couple of the neighbors driveway because it cleans so quickly.

The Troy Built came with a tool called Chute Clean-out Tool to use when things get clogged. I have heard this snow will be a heavy/wet snow so you probably will get some clogging. Like everyone said.... NO hands or feet! Have fun!

One suggestion if we do get 12+.....inches you might want to do a mid day snow blow and then use it again after the snow stops.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/21/2016 10:58 am  #22

I don't know what S&S Storm Chasing and Forecasting Team did to piss-off people so much?
I started looking at their Facebook page probably 4 or 5 months ago. I never bought anything from them and have not seen any major screw ups. They are based in Red Lion and I believe are all volunteers? I don't have a clue about the cat fight that started on their page?  I am wondering is why someone would go to the page a start something because a forecast was wrong? Is that what happened?Why waste the time? Or is there more to it? They are not a government agency.  If you don't like them unfriend them or what ever you do on Facebook and delete them from your favorites.

I don't know what this means but they have 155,624 likes

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/21/2016 11:37 am  #23

Southeastern PA just went to a Blizzard Watch. They also bumped the totals overnight from roughly 12-15 inches to 15-18. And the latest GFS model run has storm totals on around 24-26 inches.

Should be fun on Saturday!!!

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/21/2016 12:07 pm  #24

Stay inside warm and comfortable and sip your beverage.

Automated Snow Plowing

Last edited by Common Sense (1/21/2016 12:07 pm)

1/21/2016 3:50 pm  #25

Common Sense wrote:

The Man wrote:

I'm with Fred and Tennyson. To hell with bread and milk, I rarely consume either. All I need is lots of good beer, enough food, and I'm set! I bought a new snowblower last March and haven't gotten to use it yet. I've never owned or even used a snowblower, and I'm looking forward to playing with my new toy!

Good luck with your maiden voyage with the snow blower. Once you use it you will never use a snow shovel again.
I got a Troy Built in 2011 and it's the best money spent. It is a big toy... I usually will clean a couple of the neighbors driveway because it cleans so quickly.

The Troy Built came with a tool called Chute Clean-out Tool to use when things get clogged. I have heard this snow will be a heavy/wet snow so you probably will get some clogging. Like everyone said.... NO hands or feet! Have fun!

One suggestion if we do get 12+.....inches you might want to do a mid day snow blow and then use it again after the snow stops.

Yep mine came with the clean out tool as well.  I plan to spray the chute and augers with cooking spray, like Pam or something equivalent.  That used to help a bit with keeping snow from sticking to my shovels.  Is there anything better to use? WD-40 maybe?

Last edited by The Man (1/21/2016 3:52 pm)

1/21/2016 4:14 pm  #26

I am not sure? Never sprayed anything on it. Good idea I might try it.

WD-40 or maybe a silicone spray?

1/21/2016 6:04 pm  #27

Cooking spray or another lubricant will not be necessary with light, powdery snow (which will be most of us).

Those near the snow/sleet line (maybe SE of Lancaster City) will have a heavier snow with a greater tendency to stick.  So WD 40 would be a good idea there.

Life is an Orthros.

1/21/2016 10:10 pm  #28

Love the video!  I've used WD-40, a cooking spray & another silicone spray.  Sometimes they work and sometimes not.  If it's a very wet snow nothing seems to help.

1/22/2016 5:13 am  #29

Last map for Winter storm Jonas

1/22/2016 7:35 am  #30

Siimilar but some important differences, especially the high wind area and sleet changeover line.

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera