The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/09/2016 3:34 pm  #1

Desparate for help!

Could one of you wiz-techs please give me a way to stop my computer from shutting down every few minutes that I take to stop and think?  I've gone into settings on a daily basis to change the settings which are already changed to what I want.  There is no one who has access to my computers so there's no reason for them to require a password every several minutes or every time I shut down and later reboot.  This is driving me crazy and I've run out of ideas.  Windows 10 is installed.  Thanks for your help.

1/09/2016 4:03 pm  #2

Re: Desparate for help!

Is this a laptop?
Sometimes they have a power saver mode that shuts it down

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/09/2016 4:08 pm  #3

Check your power and energy savings settings.  It sounds as though they have been set overly aggressively.

Should be in the Windows 10 System control panel.

If not Google your problem.  I'm sure others have had a similar issue.

Life is an Orthros.

1/13/2016 11:50 am  #4

flowergirl

Did you find out what the problem is with your computer?

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/13/2016 1:28 pm  #5

No.  It drives me crazy--yesterday it was okay, never asked for a password one time.  Today--just the opposite.  I've gone into all the settings and made changes and it's okay for a while then back to password asking like today. I've run out of ideas.

1/13/2016 1:46 pm  #6

You likely have done these, but worth a look. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDWtGC5VbEM

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/13/2016 2:50 pm  #7

Give me the make and model of the PC and I'll see what I can find out for you.

Or, if you want to trust an internet stranger , I can provide you instructions through private message on how to let me access your computer remotely using an application called Teamviewer and I can poke around the settings to see what's what.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/13/2016 3:49 pm  #8

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=windows+10+shut+down

Last edited by Common Sense (1/13/2016 3:49 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/14/2016 4:15 pm  #9

Thanks to you all for being involved.  Although the youtube.com videos were for the opposite problem I have been experiencing I did discover a link in one that I was unaware of before now and changed that setting which seems to be making a difference.  Not one to count my chickens before they're hatched I'll see how this goes for a few day and get back to you if need be. 

Board footera