The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2016 3:49 pm  #1

Executive Orders

q

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 7:04 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/08/2016 10:57 am  #2

Re: Executive Orders

This executive order (Executive Order 10730) was supporting a Supreme Court ruling of 1954. And federalizing Arkansas National Guard. Eisenhower was following a court order nothing more.

No kind of relation whatsoever to what Obama is doing.

"With Executive Order 10730, the President placed the Arkansas National Guard under Federal control and sent 1,000 U.S. Army paratroopers from the 101st Airborne Division to assist them in restoring order in Little Rock.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/08/2016 11:22 am  #3

I guess we could dissect each of the thousands of executive orders since Washington, but I think the point is that executive orders aren't rare, and no one referred to the president as some kind of dictator or king until now.  I'm no expert in the convoluted and multi-layered workings of government, but I'm guessing many of those executive orders had something to do with some kind of emergency or having to deal with a congress that sat on their collective butts and did nothing.

1/08/2016 3:47 pm  #4

Goose wrote:

Common Sense wrote:

This executive order (Executive Order 10730) was supporting a Supreme Court ruling of 1954. And federalizing Arkansas National Guard. Eisenhower was following a court order nothing more.

No kind of relation whatsoever to what Obama is doing.

"With Executive Order 10730, the President placed the Arkansas National Guard under Federal control and sent 1,000 U.S. Army paratroopers from the 101st Airborne Division to assist them in restoring order in Little Rock.

I disagree.
To hear gunnuts tell it, you'd think that Obama was the first President in history to issue an executive order.
Hardly the case.

I disagree  The anti-gun nuts are trying anything to make it seems what Obama has done is the norm.

It' absolutely is not! Can you spell.... illegal

And please stop the games about executive orders. Everyone knows Presidents use them. But they can not change federal law with them.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/08/2016 3:52 pm  #5

1/08/2016 5:09 pm  #6

Honestly, Common, there is nothing illegal about this executive order.  He's not restricting a 'law-abiding' citizen from buying a gun.  You have nothing to fear.

Board footera