The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/17/2016 6:16 pm  #41

Re: Who Ya Got This Weekend?

Boy, the Arizona - Green Bay game last night was a real yawner.

The last 7 minutes plus OT were riveting. I loved that 'Scarey' Larry had a couple of highlight plays. I always liked him back to his days at Pitt.

1/17/2016 7:54 pm  #42

Well, that sucked.  I really didn't give the Steelers much of a chance, but a fumble near the end of the game cooked us.  Rats! 

Anyhow, after 8 games, I'm 7-1 on my picks.  I would have loved to have lost my Denver-Pittsburgh pick, but the banged up Steelers hung in there to the end.  Denver can celebrate now, but when the Pats come to town, they better play better than that.

Ok, who you got in the AFC and NFC championship games?

1/18/2016 8:04 am  #43

I'm taking New England and Carolina in their respective championship games.  Denver looks like they are sputtering and actually, I see the Arizona-Carolina game as a tossup so I'm going with the home team on that one.  How about you?

Last edited by Just Fred (1/18/2016 8:13 am)

1/18/2016 9:49 am  #44

Probably more wishful thinking but here are my picks for the  AFC & NFC Conference Championship Games
The early odds are:Carolina Panthers: 3-points favorites over the Arizona Cardinals New England Patriots: 3-point favorites over the Denver Broncos

New England Patriots at  Denver Broncos              Pick Denver Broncos

Arizona Cardinals at  Carolina Panthers                Pick Arizona Cardinals

Last edited by Common Sense (1/18/2016 9:50 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/18/2016 9:59 am  #45

New England over Denver

Carolina over Arizona

However, I reserve the right to change my picks up until 9:00 p.m. Sunday, January 24, 2016.

Last edited by Rongone (1/18/2016 10:10 am)

1/22/2016 3:34 pm  #46

I'll take New England over Denver and Arizona over Carolina.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1/22/2016 3:41 pm  #47

I thought that the Patriots were going to make an early exit because they were so banged up.
Guess that I shouldn't quit my day job! 

Anyway, I was very impressed with NE last week.
I'll go with New England and Carolina this week.
But, we've already established that I don't know what I'm talking about. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/22/2016 6:26 pm  #48

New England and Carolina are my picks to win

1/25/2016 7:33 am  #49

Rongone wrote:

New England over Denver

Carolina over Arizona

However, I reserve the right to change my picks up until 9:00 p.m. Sunday, January 24, 2016.

I'm changing my pick in the Denver - New England game to Denver. That was a real nail biter. I thought The Patriots would win, but the Broncos really did a job on defense.

Carolina just embarrassed Arizona. That game wasn't even close. I remember when Carson Palmer played for the Bengals and would play Pittsburgh twice a year and the knock against him then was that he would get rattled if he was hurried, rushed or hit. Last night He looked like he hasn't overcome that knock yet.

I'll pick Carolina over Denver to win the Super Bowl.

But I reserve the right to change my pick up until the two minute warning in the fourth quarter in the game.

1/25/2016 8:36 am  #50

While I'm not a Patriots fan, I would never bet against them.  However, Denver proved me wrong.  So I'm 8-2 on my picks since the playoffs started.

I'm also taking Carolina in the Super Bowl.  They seem to have too many weapons that can cause major headaches for any offensive or defense coordinator.  And, say what you want about Cam Newton, but the guy is a beast.  I never thought they'd hammer Arizona the way they did.

Board footera