The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/27/2015 7:16 am  #1

The Amazing Longevity Of Jaromir Jagr

The Amazing Longevity Of Jaromir Jagrhttp://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-amazing-longevity-of-jaromir-jagr/

It’s not often that a player is still a desired commodity days after his 43rd birthday, but that’s precisely what Jaromir Jagr, who was traded from the New Jersey Devils to the Florida Panthers on Thursday, appears to be.Despite recent frustrations over his playing time with New Jersey, Jagr could prove to be a useful short-term rental for the Panthers. He retains the same soft hands and keen vision that made him a five-time scoring champion. And like so many of hockey’s greatest offensive talents before him, Jagr has a knack for skating where the action is headed before it arrives. His trademark strength seems scarcely to have waned with time; he still has moments when he’s nearly impossible to knock off the puck along the boards.

Last edited by Common Sense (2/27/2015 7:16 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/28/2015 1:04 pm  #2

Re: The Amazing Longevity Of Jaromir Jagr

As someone who is 43 himself, I do find it pretty amazing that Jagr has been able to play at a pro-level as long as he has. I hope he has a few years of competitive play in him.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera