The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/06/2016 6:56 pm  #11

Re: U.S. stocks; Dow futures plunge more than 300 points as China fears re

Common Sense wrote:

It continues....

Dow Jones Industrial Average16,906.51    Down 252.15 (1.47%)

Yes, another really bad day for the market.  It definitely isn't off to a good start this year

1/06/2016 7:39 pm  #12

I guess some could complain, but here are the facts:

http://www.macrotrends.net/1358/dow-jones-industrial-average-last-10-years

1/06/2016 9:44 pm  #13

I don't think we have ever seen the market this low ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

1/06/2016 9:59 pm  #14

Yes, I think we all know that the stock market is at an all time high and has been trending upward in general over the past ten years.  There is no doubt about that.

1/07/2016 7:41 am  #15

Pre-Market TradingDow -364.00  /  -2.16%

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/07/2016 7:43 am  #16

I think we should panic.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/07/2016 7:48 am  #17

Me, upon looking at my IRA balance this morning

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/07/2016 8:12 am  #18

Soros: It's the 2008 crisis all over again
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/07/soros-its-the-2008-crisis-all-over-again.html

Billionaire financier George Soros is warning of an impending financial markets crisis as investors around the world were roiled by turmoil in China trade for the second time this week.Speaking an economic forum in Sri Lanka's capital Colombo, he told an audience that China is struggling to find a new growth model and its currency devaluation is transferring problems to the rest of the world, according to media. He added that a return to rising interest rates was proving difficult for the developing world.

The current environment reminded him of the "crisis we had in 2008," The Sunday Times in Sri Lanka reported on Thursday morning. "China has a major adjustment problem," he added, according to Bloomberg. "I would say it amounts to a crisis."

Last edited by Common Sense (1/07/2016 8:12 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/07/2016 8:15 am  #19

1/07/2016 8:23 am  #20

Common Sense wrote:

Soros: It's the 2008 crisis all over again
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/07/soros-its-the-2008-crisis-all-over-again.html

Billionaire financier George Soros is warning of an impending financial markets crisis as investors around the world were roiled by turmoil in China trade for the second time this week.Speaking an economic forum in Sri Lanka's capital Colombo, he told an audience that China is struggling to find a new growth model and its currency devaluation is transferring problems to the rest of the world, according to media. He added that a return to rising interest rates was proving difficult for the developing world.

The current environment reminded him of the "crisis we had in 2008," The Sunday Times in Sri Lanka reported on Thursday morning. "China has a major adjustment problem," he added, according to Bloomberg. "I would say it amounts to a crisis."

I was watching a bit of 'Fast Money' on CNBC last night and they noted a couple of similarities between 2008 and right now.

Commodities prices (oil) is crashing
Wal Mart stock is rising while most other equities are falling
And the third one I forget and I can't find it. I think it was a technical sign in the bond markets.

Anyway, it's interesting but I think it just a natural correction after a long run up. Not time to panic and really is an opportunity to buy for the next bull market.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera