The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/22/2015 10:55 am  #1

House GOP's interim budget plan draws governor's veto threat

The latest and greatest plan has failed? 

House GOP's interim budget plan draws governor's veto threat

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2015/12/21/house-gops-interim-budget-plan-draws-governors-veto-threat/77730842/

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Democratic Gov. Tom Wolf threatened Monday to veto a short-term emergency spending package being advanced by Pennsylvania's House GOP majority as the budget stalemate closed in on the state record.Meanwhile, a Wolf ally in the Legislature said ongoing talks were aimed at getting a bipartisan budget deal through the House and around opposition by most members of the huge House Republican majority.

The moves came after a weekend during which a six-week-old budget deal suffered its latest setback, and House Republican leaders went back on a pledge to send tax legislation to a floor vote, after Wolf's office said Friday it had corralled enough support to pass it.Wolf issued his veto threat in a short statement and otherwise remained out of sight in the Capitol.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/22/2015 4:49 pm  #2

Re: House GOP's interim budget plan draws governor's veto threat

The Guv's  new name is Ebeneezer Grinch.

Life is an Orthros.

12/22/2015 5:53 pm  #3

I haven't been keeping up on all of this, but does it have anything to do with an 'emergency short-term spending package' vs something for the long term?  Meaning that after the 'short-term' the whole mess would start all over again.

But, hey, we have the largest, highest-paid, full time legislature in the nation.  We might serve as a model for the rest of the country.

12/22/2015 6:28 pm  #4

Now after some obscure PA house rules, it appears this is coming to an end:

http://www.pennlive.com/opinion/2015/12/a_haily_mary_in_the_house_-_an.html#incart_2box

The house is probably going to pass the Senate and Governor's budget after all.  Still not known what taxes will be increasing, but I heard the PIT will increase from 3.07% to either 3.27% or 3.3%

12/23/2015 9:11 am  #5

GREED and CORRUPTION

It seems that people were voting yesterday that were not there?A little information from Scott Wagner who watched the mess from the house
gallery.

From Senator Wagner:

How else do I say this?

Corruption is alive and well in Harrisburg.

Today I sat in the House of Representatives gallery and watched the House in action.

What is puzzling to me is that PA House Democrat Member Leslie Acosta who represents Philadelphia County was absent from the House chamber and is allegedly in Nicaragua -  but she voted “yes” on a motion to revert to a prior printer bill at 1:04 PM today.  

Another House Member Democrat Peter Daley from Washington County was also absent from the floor but voted “yes”  on the same motion to revert to a prior printer number - his vote was also at 1:04PM.

Republican House Member Daryl Metcalfe questioned accountability and procedure on whether a member had to be present to vote.

On a final vote cast at 4:03PM Representatives Acosta and Daley were listed as absent.

Something smells like rotten fish – the best part was that I was sitting in the House Gallery watching the action go down.

I estimate that tomorrow approximately seventeen Republicans will vote for the increased budget along with the Democrats – how is this happening?

Here is the answer – House Democrats and the Governor’s office are promising special project money for the districts of the Republicans voting “yes” for the budget.

It was pointed out to me that one Republican House member is receiving several million dollars in special project money for his “yes” vote – these type of deals are taking place in Harrisburg.

This is vile! The FBI needs to sweep through Harrisburg to arrest all the criminals in The State Capitol!
EVERY TAXPAYER IN PA IS GETTING SCREWED AGAIN! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Last edited by Common Sense (12/23/2015 9:11 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/23/2015 9:36 am  #6

Common Sense wrote:

GREED and CORRUPTION

It seems that people were voting yesterday that were not there?A little information from Scott Wagner who watched the mess from the house
gallery.

From Senator Wagner:

How else do I say this?

Corruption is alive and well in Harrisburg.

Today I sat in the House of Representatives gallery and watched the House in action.

What is puzzling to me is that PA House Democrat Member Leslie Acosta who represents Philadelphia County was absent from the House chamber and is allegedly in Nicaragua -  but she voted “yes” on a motion to revert to a prior printer bill at 1:04 PM today.  

Another House Member Democrat Peter Daley from Washington County was also absent from the floor but voted “yes”  on the same motion to revert to a prior printer number - his vote was also at 1:04PM.

Republican House Member Daryl Metcalfe questioned accountability and procedure on whether a member had to be present to vote.

On a final vote cast at 4:03PM Representatives Acosta and Daley were listed as absent.

Something smells like rotten fish – the best part was that I was sitting in the House Gallery watching the action go down.

I estimate that tomorrow approximately seventeen Republicans will vote for the increased budget along with the Democrats – how is this happening?

Here is the answer – House Democrats and the Governor’s office are promising special project money for the districts of the Republicans voting “yes” for the budget.

It was pointed out to me that one Republican House member is receiving several million dollars in special project money for his “yes” vote – these type of deals are taking place in Harrisburg.

This is vile! The FBI needs to sweep through Harrisburg to arrest all the criminals in The State Capitol!
EVERY TAXPAYER IN PA IS GETTING SCREWED AGAIN! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Egads !   I'm outraged . . . Just as outraged as Scott . . . And I've been that way for years concerning the PA state legislative branch, its boondoggles, and overpaid, under-achieving members.

But, I submit that Scott needs to look in the mirror. He IS part of the problem. And, when the FBI sweeps in through the state capital, he'll be included in the dustbin of useless legislators.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, SCOTT ! ! !   

12/23/2015 12:01 pm  #7

So two democratic members votes are being manipulated while they are not even in the capital complex and you are upset at Scott Wagner? 

The vote is taking place in the house and he is a Senator? He votes in the Senate? Not the house?
Bad, bad Scott Wagner he is the cause of the current trouble in the state house?
Well some people think that?? 

12/23/2015 12:03 pm  #8

Are those statements, questions, both?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/23/2015 12:13 pm  #9

Goose wrote:

Are those statements, questions, both?

Take it how ever you would like it.!?" 

12/23/2015 12:14 pm  #10

When bad punctuation happens to good people. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera