The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/07/2015 4:58 pm  #1

Thread Proliferation Syndrome

A most

Last edited by Goose (3/06/2016 6:46 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/07/2015 5:19 pm  #2

Re: Thread Proliferation Syndrome

You are very welcome for the uptick. My pleasure!!
Sounds like a  fascist idea to me.
What do the "other folks" have to do with this?
I determine the time spent on the Exchange.  This is just a game you play!
I know you are the "moderator" but you don't control my posting or my responding to posts!

"Develop a conversation? Might lead to a richer experience?
If someone agrees with you then maybe on both... But if they disagree with you there won't be a conversation and it won't be richer and everyone on the Exchange knows that!
Carry-on

Last edited by Common Sense (12/07/2015 5:20 pm)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/07/2015 5:19 pm  #3

I agree.  I would also suggest the OP post their thoughts in the original post.  They started the thread, lead it off.  Also, I would recommend not copying and pasting entire articles as a wall-of-text.  Simply copying and pasting the pertinent parts and posting the link to the article for further reading would suffice, and it would look a lot less cluttered.

12/07/2015 5:21 pm  #4

I think that should be up to each individual whether they want to continue contributing or just posting to have the greater group contribute.

12/07/2015 5:23 pm  #5

Of course, Brady.
It is just a suggestion.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/07/2015 5:24 pm  #6

I agree, but it seems some don't want to engage in a discussion, but rather throw shit out there to satisfy their own preconceived notions as if there is no need to for discussion or justification for what they believe.

12/07/2015 5:26 pm  #7

Just Fred wrote:

I agree, but it seems some don't want to engage in a discussion, but rather throw shit out there to satisfy their own preconceived notions as if there is no need to for discussion or justification for what they believe.

Fred I don't think your postings are shit!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

12/07/2015 5:27 pm  #8

Seems to be a BIG upset because there are now postings the majority don't agree with!

Yikes!

12/07/2015 5:28 pm  #9

Leaving to change a headlight and clean the garage.
You are safe no more postings for the night.

12/07/2015 5:38 pm  #10

Ha!  Well, I try to live by the words of Socrates when he said, "A life unexamined is not worth living".  That's why I generally challenge any preconceived notion I might have in light of new information.

Thanks for recognizing my postings aren't shit.

Board footera